Extended warranty

ateca-chris

Jun 7, 2021
Not been on for a while but here goes.
The car is coming up to 3 years old and so it is booked in for its service and first MOT. The car came with the Cupra care package, at the time I think there was only 1 level of cover and the service will be the last free one. Now I am am getting emails from SEAT about extending my warranty, (all components, less than 10,000 miles per year and £250 excess for 1 year for £341), and I have been looking at continuing with the care package.
It seems now there are 3 levels of care package available, but only until the car is 3 years old and then they are not available, at the same price I assume.
Level 1 is 2 services, 1st is oil change and 2nd is oil change + inspection and 1 pollen filter for £528 on the Cupra website and £594 on the Lookers/SEAT website.
Has anyone else had similar emails and are there better dealer offers out there?
SEAT seem to have fixed price packages for cars over 3 years old but I can't find anything about Cupra's.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tell

Tell

Staff member
Interesting one. True the Cupra website doesn't show them above three years. They are financed by VAG finance group on the Seat side ditto on the Cupra side. The dealer applies for the money after the car is serviced, or work done, is my understanding. For Seat, either the dealer or HQs will take your money for the plan. At one point Seat UK were selling plans that dealer couldn't. I was tipped off on that one by the dealer.

Maybe the warranty work, Cupra haven't worked up the plan for that since it's stacked up, too complex for them on a Cupra. You could always ask a Seat dealership what they might sell. You could get sold the maintenance plan but not the warranty element. Drop Cupra a line or phone in case they have something under the counter.

Reactions: ateca-chris

ateca-chris

Jun 7, 2021
Interesting one. True the Cupra website doesn't show them above three years. They are financed by VAG finance group on the Seat side ditto on the Cupra side. The dealer applies for the money after the car is serviced, or work done, is my understanding. For Seat, either the dealer or HQs will take your money for the plan. At one point Seat UK were selling plans that dealer couldn't. I was tipped off on that one by the dealer.

Maybe the warranty work, Cupra haven't worked up the plan for that since it's stacked up, too complex for them on a Cupra. You could always ask a Seat dealership what they might sell. You could get sold the maintenance plan but not the warranty element. Drop Cupra a line or phone in case they have something under the counter.
Cheers.
I've emailed my nearest Cupra dealer to see what they have on offer. I still have a small window to take up the deal they have for cars upto 3 years old but that's £528 for 2 services and a pollen filter, seems expensive to me, especially as they will have my money for 2 years in advance.
SEAT seem to have some good deals including cars up to 2L, but when I put my reg number in their system it says it doesn't recognise it, which is fair enough I suppose. The garage I am taking the car to for it's service and MOT isn't a Cupra dealer, just SEAT, but I'll ask them as well.
I also emailed them regarding the wording of their terms, they state that for the extended warranty all servicing must be carried out at an authorised Cupra dealer, so I don't know if my local SEAT dealer qualifies.

Last edited:

Tell

Staff member
Cheers.
I've emailed my nearest Cupra dealer to see what they have on offer. I still have a small window to take up the deal they have for cars upto 3 years old but that's £528 for 2 services and a pollen filter, seems expensive to me, especially as they will have my money for 2 years in advance.
SEAT seem to have some good deals including cars up to 2L, but when I put my reg number in their system it says it doesn't recognise it, which is fair enough I suppose. The garage I am taking the car to for it's service and MOT isn't a Cupra dealer, just SEAT, but I'll ask them as well.
I also emailed them regarding the wording of their terms, they state that for the extended warranty all servicing must be carried out at an authorised Cupra dealer, so I don't know if my local SEAT dealer qualifies.
I recall there are companies that do warranties which have been talked about in the past you could try unbundling it into two halves, service Seat if possible, warranty somewhere else if Vag don't do it. Suspect experts around on warranty.

Reactions: ateca-chris

ateca-chris

Jun 7, 2021
Just had an email from [email protected] basically stating that if I want an extended warranty I can buy it through any SEAT dealer. Supply your Reg No and they give you a quote based on the make and model for that car, it comes to £341.
I got 1 quote from warranty wise for £736 for 1 year, just had another quote from warranty direct for £192 and that includes basic AA breakdown as well.

Reactions: Tell
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.