Facetube, Youbook, Snapagram and Instachat.

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
Just out of interest is it just me or are there other members that just cant be bothered with all the social media.
Now this is not a right/wrong post but for me I used to have an account with a couple of social media sites listed in the title but I got real bored of the pointless drivel on them. Things like "I'm bored, nowt to do" ffs its 02.00am, go to bed. Then there is "look what I'm having for tea" REALLY !! oh and the "does this look good on me" erm no !!
I also got fed up with friend requests etc (yes I know you can blank them/set privacy etc), but A - didn't like you at school, B - haven't spoke to you for over 35 years and C- I don't care if your house is bigger than mine.
My kids say I am living in an analogue world and TBF I don't mind that. I like old school cars, simple to work on and I don't need a pleb with a PC to say "computer says its ok mate", yeah I know, it's come in for a wheel bearing you knob. But don't get me wrong I do like some modern tech.
There is definitely a space in this word for social media etc, hell I used Youbook to fit my dashcam but what boils my piss is the idiots. I think the bullies, harassers, wierdo's of the digital world want "sorting".
Anyway, mini rant over but for now, and I am happy to be a member of good forums, but the rest of social media world can kiss my ass.

Reactions: SRGTD and Woody_72

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Lol. I think it's very healthy to be disconnected from social media. There is a lot of research about the impact on mental health.

The only reason I still have a Facebook account is for the SEATCUPRA.NET stuff really these days. LinkedIn for work and insta for SCN (although @Jimbobcook does 100% of the amazing work on there for us).

I don't post any personal stuff anymore and have plugins in my browser to block Facebook tracking - it's scary how much it tracks you across the web.

Bear

Jun 15, 2021
Just out of interest is it just me or are there other members that just cant be bothered with all the social media.
Now this is not a right/wrong post but for me I used to have an account with a couple of social media sites listed in the title but I got real bored of the pointless drivel on them. Things like "I'm bored, nowt to do" ffs its 02.00am, go to bed. Then there is "look what I'm having for tea" REALLY !! oh and the "does this look good on me" erm no !!
I also got fed up with friend requests etc (yes I know you can blank them/set privacy etc), but A - didn't like you at school, B - haven't spoke to you for over 35 years and C- I don't care if your house is bigger than mine.
My kids say I am living in an analogue world and TBF I don't mind that. I like old school cars, simple to work on and I don't need a pleb with a PC to say "computer says its ok mate", yeah I know, it's come in for a wheel bearing you knob. But don't get me wrong I do like some modern tech.
There is definitely a space in this word for social media etc, hell I used Youbook to fit my dashcam but what boils my piss is the idiots. I think the bullies, harassers, wierdo's of the digital world want "sorting".
Anyway, mini rant over but for now, and I am happy to be a member of good forums, but the rest of social media world can kiss my ass.
Being a bloke of a certain age, I've never been on FB or other social media. I did set up a Twitter account but haven't a clue how to use it, and it's in the electronic equivalent of my loft, gathering dust. I'm on WhatsApp, but that is just used to receive and send rude jokes and pictures of naked ladies tbh...

jcbmally

Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
Being a bloke of a certain age, I've never been on FB or other social media. I did set up a Twitter account but haven't a clue how to use it, and it's in the electronic equivalent of my loft, gathering dust. I'm on WhatsApp, but that is just used to receive and send rude jokes and pictures of naked ladies tbh...
Now WhatsApp is good, at least you know and like everyone on it ;):cheers:

jcbmally

Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron

Facetube, Youbook, Snapagram and Instachat​

Forgot to add, that’s what I call them and my daughter hates it lol

• Haha
Reactions: Woody_72 and Syphon

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
I do have a Facebook account, but I might as well not have one as I’ve not posted anything on FB for years.
Now WhatsApp is good, at least you know and like everyone on it ;):cheers:
I have WhatsApp mainly for contact with a good mate who lives overseas. I phone them via WhatsApp as it’s free 🙂.

Reactions: jcbmally and Syphon

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
I can't help but feel social media has killed off a lot of forums like this, certainly it's reduced the numbers massively which is a huge shame as it's still a fantastic resource.
Many forums have fallen by the way. I'm still very happy with our numbers and continued growth in our 21st year.

Last 12 months website/forum:

1644523043021.png

Average of 500 new registered members each month. :)

Fishbowlhead

Mk3 CupraST 280
Nov 20, 2020
Never had anything (other than Facebook messenger for a few months while i was travelling in South America) then it got deleted when i got home. Social media makes me want to vomit at what it’s turned the world into.