False Floor.

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
Wud it be possible to use a bit of pine stuff covered in carpet for a false floor. :whistle:

There are a few bits from an old desk in my dads shed that i think would be perfect for it. One bit wud only need a small trim to fit it on the boot floor. ;)

Wat do u think? :confused:

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
i made one for the front footwell and managed to hide an xbox under it so easy to do

just keep in mind if doing the boot how much hassle will it be for the spare on the side of the motorway in the rain ;)

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
i made one for the front footwell and managed to hide an xbox under it so easy to do

So the piece of pine covered in carpet would be fine, i dont really want to go out n buy mdf when i have the pine which is going to be thrown out, may as well make a use for it!!:p

just keep in mind if doing the boot how much hassle will it be for the spare on the side of the motorway in the rain ;)

I did think about that and i aint screwing it down or watever, so i will b able to fold the back seats down, lift it on to there........ get watever i need etc then put it bak..... :whistle: Well hopefully it will be that easy!?

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
I did think about that and i aint screwing it down or watever, so i will b able to fold the back seats down, lift it on to there........ get watever i need etc then put it bak..... :whistle: Well hopefully it will be that easy!?

better still as its an odd shape - leave it in and fit a flip up hatch where the tyre goes ?

can fix it down to stop it squeaking and rattling then ;)

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
better still as its an odd shape - leave it in and fit a flip up hatch where the tyre goes ?

can fix it down to stop it squeaking and rattling then ;)

I was thinking of the pine stuff cos its lighter than the mdf. And id still be able to screw my sub-box to it. Wud it be worth putting hinges on the two flaps so it will flip up and down with no problems, once they have been covered in carpet before the hinges r fitted.

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
screw it altogether then cover it - hides the hinges too if you clever

sunken latch is best idea i can think of

ibiza_95

1.8T MK2 Conversion
cut it to the shape of the boot, and then cut the shape for the hatch in the big sheet... then screw a shelf type effort to the bottom of the whole thing and carpet it... that way the hatch will just slot into the hole you made and sit on the little shelf bolted underneath...

Just an idea

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
cut it to the shape of the boot, and then cut the shape for the hatch in the big sheet... then screw a shelf type effort to the bottom of the whole thing and carpet it... that way the hatch will just slot into the hole you made and sit on the little shelf bolted underneath...

Just an idea

Sounds like a good idea........will save alot of effort n hassle worrying about hinges n that!?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.