Fault code 0028EE

Feb 20, 2023
Hello, my girlfriends ibiza (1.2 TSI, 105 Hk, [6J8,6P8], year: 2012, engine: CBZB ) have had some problems this winter. First one day she called me and said the car didnt accelerate as it should (sounded like limp mode). Went there and there was no codes and the car ran fine for me (a few hours after she called).
Some weeks later I drove it and engine light switched on and went in to limp mode. Checked codes and got 0028EE. Needed to get the car home so cleared it and since then (31/12-22) there have not been any problems, car runs fine.
With 0028 being different between manufacturers I had a hard time even understanding what the fault code is about. Can anyone help me out with first of all what the code indicates and later possible fix or diagnostic? Serviced according to the book with oil etc. Last summer the ignition module was replaced as it failed during a drive other than that no problems with engine.

20221231_130228.jpg
Dont know if this is correct?

BizaLarry

6J IBIZA FR TSI
Sep 16, 2018
Glasgow
www.facebook.com
Hello, my girlfriends ibiza (1.2 TSI, 105 Hk, [6J8,6P8], year: 2012, engine: CBZB ) have had some problems this winter. First one day she called me and said the car didnt accelerate as it should (sounded like limp mode). Went there and there was no codes and the car ran fine for me (a few hours after she called).
Some weeks later I drove it and engine light switched on and went in to limp mode. Checked codes and got 0028EE. Needed to get the car home so cleared it and since then (31/12-22) there have not been any problems, car runs fine.
With 0028 being different between manufacturers I had a hard time even understanding what the fault code is about. Can anyone help me out with first of all what the code indicates and later possible fix or diagnostic? Serviced according to the book with oil etc. Last summer the ignition module was replaced as it failed during a drive other than that no problems with engine.

View attachment 35883
Dont know if this is correct?

Hi mate found this, hope it helps you narrow the problem down at least. Do you have the ability to view or record live data with or without the fault present?

3363f37fedfd0b36489a0203dfe539e5.jpg

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise