Sent from my SM-N770F using Tapatalk

SEAT Rule

Nov 19, 2019
Anyone had this fault code before?
P00AF00
4203bc98dec527ca24bd82a1cd71e9c2.jpg

Hello there,

this could be an electrical issue within the connection plug to electronic actuator, like a weak connection.
Or could be the waste gate itself is sticking or not moving enough, or moving slower then usual, which I think is what the fault code P00AF00 is related to ?

Check operation of your waste gate and see if you can move it by hand, the rod from the electronic actuator should move/slide, which then should move the linkage hinge which is attached to the inner waste gate flap/valve.

In the attached image below I've marked a few area's, (red dots and red line) = are the connection/operation rod.
(yellow dots) = are the link arm to waste gate valve. (yellow line) = is roughly where it's attached to waste gate flat/valve.
(green line) = is where the hinge pin is between the connection rod and link arm to waste gate. This is where they can stick or partially seize I think. Like I say you need to check operation by hand, and possibly with diagnostic scanner in live data to see how all electronic area's of the turbo are working.

Hope this helps
Si

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200903-133508_Video Player~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20200903-133508_Video Player~2.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 3,733
Reactions: Charliessmith

Charliessmith

Jun 16, 2017
Hello there,

this could be an electrical issue within the connection plug to electronic actuator, like a weak connection.
Or could be the waste gate itself is sticking or not moving enough, or moving slower then usual, which I think is what the fault code P00AF00 is related to ?

Check operation of your waste gate and see if you can move it by hand, the rod from the electronic actuator should move/slide, which then should move the linkage hinge which is attached to the inner waste gate flap/valve.

In the attached image below I've marked a few area's, (red dots and red line) = are the connection/operation rod.
(yellow dots) = are the link arm to waste gate valve. (yellow line) = is roughly where it's attached to waste gate flat/valve.
(green line) = is where the hinge pin is between the connection rod and link arm to waste gate. This is where they can stick or partially seize I think. Like I say you need to check operation by hand, and possibly with diagnostic scanner in live data to see how all electronic area's of the turbo are working.

Hope this helps
Si
The code has not come back, I cleared it and it hasn't come back and its been 3 days, so I'm hoping it stays away.
It first appeared when I had a stage 2 map with 2.4bar boost pressure put on, because of problems with the mapping company I have gone back to a stock map and will be going to Revo for there stage 2 map.
I'm hoping that the computer in the car was just gliching from the previous map.
Its booked in Wednesday for a Revo stage 2 map so hoping all goes well.
Could the things you mentioned be checked without getting the car up on a ramp?

SEAT Rule

Nov 19, 2019
The code has not come back, I cleared it and it hasn't come back and its been 3 days, so I'm hoping it stays away.
It first appeared when I had a stage 2 map with 2.4bar boost pressure put on, because of problems with the mapping company I have gone back to a stock map and will be going to Revo for there stage 2 map.
I'm hoping that the computer in the car was just gliching from the previous map.
Its booked in Wednesday for a Revo stage 2 map so hoping all goes well.
Could the things you mentioned be checked without getting the car up on a ramp?

Yeah your mechanic guy should be able to check operation of the turbo actuator and waste gate, might have to remove plastic engine cover and maybe heat shield on or around turbo to see the item/s in question, or he might be able to check/see just by using a small mirror on a stick. But if he's going to apply new stage 2 remap ideally he'll want to check all area's of the engine anyway, by inspection and test drive and by scanning the ECU before even starting the remap procedure.

Si

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise