Few quick questions :)

mat_106

Feb 16, 2009
Chesterfield
First of hi to everyone, been on here a while but never really posted as i was in the middle of buying a cupra so was just reading up about them.

Anyway i got my cupra sunday and i love it :) first question is that it has a decat and stainless exhaust system, dynatwist green airfilter and a split-r dumpvalve. i have tried to find the answer by searching but cannot find anything. it is booked in at skoda dealer in mansfield for a revo remap and was just wondering if this will make my dump valve louder as at the moment i can hardly hear it (i know eveyone asks about dump valves and that so sorry) but any help woul be great :)

also the radio doesnt turn of when i take the key out i have to turn it on and off manually, i have read about peoples problems with it coming on it self but mine doesnt do that it just doesnt come on and turn of it self with the ignition, any fixes? ( i have gone into the menu and the "IGN ON" setting for it to do it is on soooo i dont know)

last one haha, my key had no batterys in it when i got it so i put two new batterys in and the light flashes on the fob but does nothing with the car, i have tried to match it using the procedure (spelling) in the seat owners manual but nothing ? any help?

Sorry for noob questions but i have searched and couldnt find anything hope you can help :)

Last edited:

rhysox

Ibiza Cupra 1.8T
Jun 18, 2007
Cardiff
In terms of your dump valve question- the 1.8T is not really ever going to be good with blow-off valves, and I know that the split-R is meant to be the 'inbetween' valve allowing the sound with no problems but in my experience it didn't ever make a good blow-off sound and just caused major lag inbetween gear changes. If you want a dump valve sort of sound I'd just get a Forge 007p instead- it will dump the recirculating air back into the intake and the sound will be amplified through the air filter. Is much better than the sound of a Split-R! Get rid! :)

The radio problem- maybe it's wired up to the constant live rather than the ignition live? Might want to check out the wiring on the back of the radio (easy to take out, there's a guide on here but to keep it short, there's two screws at the bottom of the panel, unscrew and SLOWLY peel up the fascia, disconnect the ribbon cable and there's 4 screws to unscrew before the radio will come out).

I think there's a guide on here somewhere on how to reprogram a key, do a search at the top of the screen and I'm sure you'll find it- if not, someone else will probably post back with some more detailed information. Good luck :)

chris_200120vt

MR carbon fibre
Oct 4, 2008
YEADON, LEEDS
there is the turbosmart dual port dump valve abit like the split-r would say it is a bit noiseier , as for would the remap make more loud from what i have heard from other people it does also putting it on the coldside that is meant to make it louder as well

If you stick and open cone filter on it will sound alot louder. I would try and do this before the remap though ;) Not necessary but I always like to put mods on the car before remapping.

But yes as such after the remap it will as they will be requesting more boost and more boost will have to be discarded, so I expect it will sound louder.

mat_106

Feb 16, 2009
Chesterfield
thanks for the helpful reply guys :) think ill sell the split - r and get a 007p then.

also for anyone who had the problems with key fob and radio, i found the problem to be the number 9 fuse in the fuse box below the steering wheel, it had blown replaced that and it fixed the key fob and radio :D

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.