finally lowering....

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
Ok, here is my problem, after much debating about what to do, i have decided to either go with just spring drop..this will be 30mm like Gooner Mike and Dervpower...or im going to get the cheapish kit from DPM...which is spring and shock set but lowers it 50mm all round but am unsure which to go for...as 50mm may be too low but the 30mm spring drop may bugger the OE dampers...

any one got any pics of a 50mm drop? or experience of the cheapish kit from DPM

dan666

Oct 13, 2009
Hartford, Cheshire
perosnnely and from what i have read over past 6yrs of car world and cars. 30-35mm spring drop is fine for oe dampers. 40mm onwards then yes i would recooment coil overs or dampers to match springs

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
hmmm wouldnt go that low....without dampers, so thinking maybe going that route with springs and shocks...worried it may become a pain to park/speedbumps/passengers etc....scraping...what u reckon?

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
hmmm wouldnt go that low....without dampers, so thinking maybe going that route with springs and shocks...worried it may become a pain to park/speedbumps/passengers etc....scraping...what u reckon?

My front is low enough really... the splitter scrapes on all sorts of stuff. I would only go for coilovers to get the rear down more. I wouldn't change the front ride height even if I had coilovers.

VWscooby

Apr 20, 2008
Durham
Im down 45mm on OE dampers using OMP springs, no problems at all over the last 10k miles, just flew through a MOT :D

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
ok, thing is the dampers and spring set is only a bit more than just springs so thinking i may opt for that, then there is no worries with the OE dampers getting shot....

do you find 45mm is a good drop..in that it doesnt cause to much problems with scraping etc...

Mattwood

Mar 7, 2009
Nr Southampton
Knight - i'm also looking at the -50mm springs & shocks from DPM. If you get them, and get them on the car before me any feedback about them would be much appreciated :)

VWscooby

Apr 20, 2008
Durham
I dont have any problems at all with the car scraping, even on 215/35 18s! Obviously slow a little on speedbumps! Even running the standard 205/45 16s it not too bad at all.

Mattwood

Mar 7, 2009
Nr Southampton
Be aware guys that Supersport have put prices up and they'll be taking effect as of 01/02/10.

Damian @ DPM Performance

Thanks for the heads up! although I will inevitably be stung by this anyway, as funds won't allow a purchase until late Feb :'(

any ideas on the percentage increases?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise