Finally photos!

butterycrumpet

Dividing by zero
Apr 28, 2021
Cheshire, UK
Finally got round to washing, waxing and taking some pics of my VZ2 310!

More than happy with the car, in spite of a few software bugs!

And I (although biased!) love the Graphene Grey paint!

* Eagle eyed viewers may see the charging lead for my partner's Leon PHEV in the background!

IMG_2833.jpeg

IMG_2834.jpeg

Big A

Jul 7, 2021
Looks fantastic!! Makes me crave mine even more now :ROFLMAO:

Actually seen my second Formentor on the road a couple of hours ago and also in Graphene Grey,

What software bugs have you got already? Take it this is a 22MY car?

Reactions: butterycrumpet

butterycrumpet

Dividing by zero
Apr 28, 2021
Cheshire, UK
Looks fantastic!! Makes me crave mine even more now :ROFLMAO:

Actually seen my second Formentor on the road a couple of hours ago and also in Graphene Grey,

What software bugs have you got already? Take it this is a 22MY car?
Not actually sure which MY it is. It was severely delayed due to the chip shortage, finally landed middle of Aug and now with me.

My software version is 1803 although it did an over the air update straight away, but is still on 1803. the bugs are not overtaking on the right in ACC (so it will hang behind slower cars in leftmost lane rather than do the speed limit) which is commonly reported here to be waiting a software fix from VW group; and the weirdness surrounding the purple colour ambient lighting which is set by default from factory, but not a selectable colour option in the interface - so if you change it to something else, you can't get it back to purple without a factory reset! Other than that not noticed any other bugs, sometimes the speed limit recognition reports weird numbers e.g. 45 (I'm in the UK). but it's only done that once and none affect the incredible driving experience.

There was a kind of print off in the glovebox from the factory I think with the date of June 2021 in it, suggesting that might be when it was being built maybe? But I was told it was sat waiting for a chip for a month or so as well so that might be when build was started...or ended not sure!

Lovely car, defo worth the buggy software for the drive!

Reactions: Big A and Gregums

Big A

Jul 7, 2021
Not actually sure which MY it is. It was severely delayed due to the chip shortage, finally landed middle of Aug and now with me.

My software version is 1803 although it did an over the air update straight away, but is still on 1803. the bugs are not overtaking on the right in ACC (so it will hang behind slower cars in leftmost lane rather than do the speed limit) which is commonly reported here to be waiting a software fix from VW group; and the weirdness surrounding the purple colour ambient lighting which is set by default from factory, but not a selectable colour option in the interface - so if you change it to something else, you can't get it back to purple without a factory reset! Other than that not noticed any other bugs, sometimes the speed limit recognition reports weird numbers e.g. 45 (I'm in the UK). but it's only done that once and none affect the incredible driving experience.

There was a kind of print off in the glovebox from the factory I think with the date of June 2021 in it, suggesting that might be when it was being built maybe? But I was told it was sat waiting for a chip for a month or so as well so that might be when build was started...or ended not sure!

Lovely car, defo worth the buggy software for the drive!
Sounds like it will be a 21MY car. I think they started building the 22MY at the start of July as it was the 1st July (the day I ordered mine) that the new spec was released. That's a strange one regarding the purple lighting.

AndyCupra93

Apr 21, 2021
Following recent discussions in the My21 vs 22 thread, sounds like the easiest way to tell is if the rear climate control console has physical Red and Blue buttons (MY21) or backlit capacitive ones (MY22)

Pords

Apr 23, 2021
Looks lovely mate. 10 days to go until mine is delivered, and same colour as yours. Which I’m so glad I picked looking at your piccies. Never saw one in the flesh so was a bit of a gamble.

Sarah

Jan 18, 2021
It looks great. The paint looks glossy. I hope that you enjoy it. I'm going for a graphene grey Cupra leon ehybrid estate on Sunday.

Your username always makes me say oo buttery crumpets lovely :D

PS, they say that the graphene grey is metallic but never looks it online. Can you see the metallic flake close up?

butterycrumpet

Dividing by zero
Apr 28, 2021
Cheshire, UK
It looks great. The paint looks glossy. I hope that you enjoy it. I'm going for a graphene grey Cupra leon ehybrid estate on Sunday.

Your username always makes me say oo buttery crumpets lovely :D

PS, they say that the graphene grey is metallic but never looks it online. Can you see the metallic flake close up?
Honestly you can’t tell it’s metallic - even in the sun it looks solid - still, looks nice though!

MrBiggles87

May 20, 2021
Honestly you can’t tell it’s metallic - even in the sun it looks solid - still, looks nice though!
I know I went for the "free white" to keep the monthly cost down, but your images are making me very jealous and im starting to regret my decision :ROFLMAO:

Cupradev

May 10, 2021
Thanks for explaining the purple ambient light thing. I genuinely thought I must have imagined it when I went into the colour settings and couldn’t find it again. How bizarre.
Had my Midnight Black VZ2 since early July and absolutely love it. I haven’t had any issues with ACC at all, and believed it was early cars suffering from that, but sounds like your later build is still afflicted. Sorry to hear that.

butterycrumpet

Dividing by zero
Apr 28, 2021
Cheshire, UK
Thanks for explaining the purple ambient light thing. I genuinely thought I must have imagined it when I went into the colour settings and couldn’t find it again. How bizarre.
Had my Midnight Black VZ2 since early July and absolutely love it. I haven’t had any issues with ACC at all, and believed it was early cars suffering from that, but sounds like your later build is still afflicted. Sorry to hear that.
Yeah definitely suffers the issue. Who knows where my chips came from - maybe a few older ones fell down the back of the shelves in the Martorell stockroom! ACC issue doesn't ruin the car tho! Take it yours is MY21 (rear AC buttons not Touch Bar)?

Also what's your software version? Mines 1803

Last edited:

Cupradev

May 10, 2021
Yeah definitely suffers the issue. Who knows where my chips came from - maybe a few older ones fell down the back of the shelves in the Martorell stockroom! ACC issue doesn't ruin the car tho! Take it yours is MY21 (rear AC buttons not Touch Bar)?

Also what's your software version? Mines 1803
Sorry pal, yes MY21, my little ticket has 21st May on it, so assuming that’s when it was going through / had passed through production. I think I’m on 1803, but to be honest, as I’m not having any issues I haven’t made a point of remembering it, but will take a look tomorrow and confirm. 👍🏼

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.