finding radio code...

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
how do you find out the radio code for the standard aura head unit?

this is now the second time i have had SAFE appear on the radio. the first time a local independant garage sorted it for me alongside gettin a service. only thing is they didnt write the new code in the handbook. (handbook code was wrong from the dealers too)[:@]

am now actually getting well cheased off listening to silence on the way to work,...i have been quoted £25 to have a diagnostic check at the stealers...can this be done through vag com?...has anyone got vagcom near me?....will be a beer or two in it for you...:D

Healyrae

Apr 22, 2008
Just found the radio code for my Cupra 53 plate, it was on a sticker in the glove box.

Found this info on the forums and checked mine and lo and behold it was there, saved me a fair few quid.

Apparently, look on the inside of the ashtray or under the ashtray or in the glovebox for the sticker.

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
in the end i went to the dealers....i phoned one dealer up and they wanted to charge me £25 for the diagnostic check!!....went back to my main stealer and told them to d it for free as it was there mistake when selling me the car....i now have my new code and music again...yay...

thanks anyway tho buddy

Healyrae

Apr 22, 2008
No problem m8, fitted my green air filter and denso plugs, disconnected battery and then realised I didn't have the code.

Searched forums and sorted it for nowt.

Love these forums.

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
maybe worth other LCR owners actually checking that the code works before you sign over the cheque when buying....

btw have you noticed how much quicker the car is when reseting the ECU?

Healyrae

Apr 22, 2008
Yeah,

Didnt know if it was the airfilter, new plugs or ecu reset but its definitely quicker and more responsive.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise