finnally some side repeators

knackerdecobre

Sorry, but that isn't entirely true and I'm sure someone here will hopefully back me up on this? Late Mk3 Golf and all Mk4 Golf Repeaters will fit into the wing of the car, that isn't the problem.....what is a problem is the bulb holder fitment. Because I've not made 15 posts yet I can't post links to pictures, etc but I will try to explain as best as I can just now and I'll post some pictures up which explain things better as soon as I can.

Late Mk3 Golf Repeaters will fit straight onto a Mk2 6K Ibiza and will match the bulb holder fitment with no problems.
If you try to fit Late Mk3 Golf Repeaters to a 6L Ibiza you will run into trouble with the bulb holder fitment because they are the same as a Mk4 Golf,The Mk4 Golf Fitment will fit all 6L Ibizas but only up to mid 2003 because during 2003 Seat changed their side repeaters from the VAG Golf Mk4 Bulb Holder Fitment to one of there own, the visible outside difference is that the later repeaters have an amber centre ring rather than the chrome centre ring which the pre-2003/Mk4 Golf lights had.

The 2003 on Seat Side Repeaters have a totally different bulb holder fitment to any of the VAG range, this fitment is common to all Seats from mid 2003 on so, a 6L Ibiza, a 6J Ibiza (2008 on) or any other Seat from mid 2003 on will not be able to have a Mk4 Golf fitment repeater unless you started to change bulb holders, etc. These repeaters which I'm selling are a direct fit, no changing of ulb holders or messing around at all, just a straight swap for the original ones.

I hope that has helped explain things a little further, I'll hold my hands up and admit I'm not a Seat expert but I did put a massive amount of effort into getting these lights into the market place and in trying to make it clear which models they will and won't fit.
Can someone who's come across the bulb holder fitment problems confirm what I'm saying above please? :)

Dude, the bulb holders unscrew from the majority of the side repeater lenses.

I know they fit as Bertrum and I both have smoked ones which fit fine!!! (which were also bought at £10 a pair from different car shows!)

blacks

Dude, the bulb holders unscrew from the majority of the side repeater lenses.

I know they fit as Bertrum and I both have smoked ones which fit fine!!! (which were also bought at £10 a pair from different car shows!)

Yes, the bulb holders unscrew or unclip from any side repeater lense so you can change a bulb obviously. What I'm saying is that if you take a Mk3 or Mk4 Golf Side repeater you won't be able to fit a Bulb Holder from a 2003-on Seat into the repeater because the fitment on the repeater is completely different, once I've made enough posts I'll upload pics so you can see what I'm going on about....it should make sense from there!

CJRamze

Proud Seat Owner
Jun 29, 2008
Caldicot, South Wales
Thats strange, I didn't see a way to unscrew them :( It looked like one large moulded piece of plastic if you could show us via a video that'd be great.

http://picasaweb.google.com/cjramze/SeatIbizaCupraSideRepeaters#
Selection of pictures

Small video (ignore me, I turned on the bloody windscreen wipers instead of the indicators)
http://picasaweb.google.com/cjramze/SeatIbizaCupraSideRepeaters#5484939606671950338

I like them, They look good (Better than the photos!) If I can paint that bulb holder black as opposed to the white it is I'll be even more pleased.

Do you sell any with smoked lenses? I'd quite like to try those aswell

knackerdecobre

Sorry, I just checked mine, they came with adaptors which push over the original bulb holder. It pushes over the bulb holder like the original repeater lens does

knackerdecobre

Just looked at ETKA, Mk4 golf has same fitment as 2003+ Ibizas and Leons :rolleyes:

blacks

Sorry, I just checked mine, they came with adaptors which push over the original bulb holder. It pushes over the bulb holder like the original repeater lens does

Yeah, that sounds right, some late mk3 Golf aftermarket repeaters come with adaptors to make them suit the Mk4 Golf Fitment, after the adaptors are fitted they will suit the Seat Fitment up to 2003.

blacks

Just looked at ETKA, Mk4 golf has same fitment as 2003+ Ibizas and Leons :rolleyes:

Sorry, but regardless of what that says, the fitment simply isn't the same at all, if it was the same fitment for a 2003 on Seat as a mk4 Golf then the repeaters I sold to CJRamaze wouldn't have fitted his car as they would have had a totally different bulb holder fitting. Only a couple more posts before I can put some pictures up to let you see what I mean.

blacks

I like them, They look good (Better than the photos!) If I can paint that bulb holder black as opposed to the white it is I'll be even more pleased.

Cheers for uploading the pics and the video, much appreciated, they do look good on the car, it gives a better idea than just the pics of the repeater on it's own. And they certainly seem to shine brightly enough too when they light up! :coolthumb

blacks

I can't offer any smoked lenses at the moment I'm afraid but I'd certainly like to, if they do become available I'll certainly let you know though, at the moment all I can offer is clear, crystal clear and crystal black in this fitment. :)

knackerdecobre

Sorry, but regardless of what that says, the fitment simply isn't the same at all, if it was the same fitment for a 2003 on Seat as a mk4 Golf then the repeaters I sold to CJRamaze wouldn't have fitted his car as they would have had a totally different bulb holder fitting. Only a couple more posts before I can put some pictures up to let you see what I mean.

Mine is a late 2003 and bertrums is a 2007, so stop the sales bull crap!

blacks

Mine is a late 2003 and bertrums is a 2007, so stop the sales bull crap!

Sorry but this is not "sales bull crap", if I was telling everyone that anything would fit just to make a sale, that would definitely be "sales bull crap"

I've said it already that I'm no Seat Expert but I have gone to a great deal of work researching all of the different fitments, removing repeaters from various cars to double check and I even bought standard Side Repeaters from Seat to measure everything up before I put them on sale.

Here are photos of Standard Seat Side Repeaters up to 2003 and 2003 on to show the clear difference between them, these are genuine original Seat Parts from the local Main Dealer:

Seat-Side-Repeater-Differences-1.JPG

Seat-Side-Repeater-Differences-5.JPG

Seat-Side-Repeater-Differences-6.JPG

Seat-Side-Repeater-Differences-7.JPG

By comparison Late Mk3 Golf Repeaters look like this on the rear:
25448520-2.JPG

25448520-3.JPG

They will fit straight onto a Mk2 6K Ibiza and will match the bulb holder fitment with no problems but if you try to fit Late Mk3 Golf Repeaters to a 6L Ibiza you will run into trouble with the bulb holder fitment....however some aftermarket repeaters come with adaptors to make them into a Mk4 Golf Fitting and then they look like this:
JGF4-SLY-S-3.JPG

with these adaptors they will then fit 6L Ibizas and Leon Mk1s, etc up to 2003 because they are the same as a Mk4 Golf, the rear of which looks like this:

25460120-3.JPG

So, when you compare the 2003 on Standard side repeaters to the earlier Mk4 Golf style you can see that the fitting for the bulb holder is completely different and the Standard bulb holder on the car won't fit in. Don't get me wrong, you can get around it by cutting some Earlier Seat or Mk4 Golf Bulb holders from a car and wiring them into yours instead of the existing ones. Or, I'm sure you could find a way of bodging or taping the bulb holder in if you really had to but it would never be a proper fitting into the repeater no matter what you did. Also there are no adaptors for a Mk3 or Mk4 Golf stlye repeater which bring it up to the 2003 on fitment.

My Side Repeaters for the 2003 on fitment look like this on the rear:

23302620-2.JPG

23302620-3.JPG

As you can see, they are the same as the Standard 2003 on Seat Repeaters and are the only direct fit option that I know of and I would not have gone to this much trouble if they were the same as the earlier ones.

Sorry for the massive explanation but I don't think I can make it any clearer.

blacks

I had some of these on my previous sportrider.

JGF4-SLY-S-3.JPG

However the fitting was ****, The ones I have from you fit alot better.

Yeah, these ones are commonly sold by other sellers as fitting all Leons, Ibizas, etc but I am right in saying that there's no way these would fit your current car is there due to the rear of them not matching the bulb holder on your car?

stezo2k

Anjuna Monkey
Mar 15, 2008
Dudley
Thats strange, I didn't see a way to unscrew them :( It looked like one large moulded piece of plastic if you could show us via a video that'd be great.

http://picasaweb.google.com/cjramze/SeatIbizaCupraSideRepeaters#
Selection of pictures

Small video (ignore me, I turned on the bloody windscreen wipers instead of the indicators)
http://picasaweb.google.com/cjramze/SeatIbizaCupraSideRepeaters#5484939606671950338

Those look awesome mate :D

CJRamze

Proud Seat Owner
Jun 29, 2008
Caldicot, South Wales
Thats right the holder didn't fit correctly, I think I "Made" them fit eventually but it was a bodge job.
One of my repeaters has steamed up, Which is weird there was alot of condensation last night I suspect its that combined with the fact I've probably not sealed it correctly.

I can never do anything right

blacks

Condensation always seems to happen occasionally with side repeaters but If you can't solve the problem just give me a shout and I'll do my very best to help you out.

knackerdecobre

Just to update, me and Bertrum got ours from Volksbits, and fitment is fine :)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise