Fire extinguisher

SidewaysCupra

Mar 20, 2007
Carmarthen
Has anybody mounted a fire extinguisher in their cupra?

I am going for the rally-slag look with mine. Stripped out, harnesses, cage etc.

Don't want to go drilling holes without knowing what i'm drilling into.

Can anybody suggest a good place? Was thinking about fixing them to the floor just in front of the seats.

Anybody know if there are any wires/cables around that area. Was thinking maybe seat airbags?

Any help would be appreciated.

Dec 17, 2006
Bristol
Still got one rolling around the passenger footwell! Always planned to mount it somewhere, but haven't gotten round to it yet. I'd probably try to get it mounted in a similar position - just in front of the passenger seat. Ideally without any drilling, not quite sure how though!

SidewaysCupra

Mar 20, 2007
Carmarthen
Would like to try and mount it on the floor or as low down as possible.

They weigh a fair bit and I wouldn't want one flying into the back of my head if I had a "big one"

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
I've only bought a small exinguisher (flamebeater) but have mounted it centrally on the lip at the bottom of the back seats, just behind the handbrake. Easy to reach and not in anyone's way but won't be enough room for anything over 1 litre capacity I wouldn't think. I've just screwed it into the carpet which leaves it a little loose but it's survived a track day without going anywhere and I didn't have to worry about drilling into any wires etc

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
I had a fire extingisher in my cupra was mounted in the boot, ive got one in my teg now mounted in the passenger footwell trim, looks pretty good. Seen a pic on here of a members mounted in the passenger footwell but on the centre console side (virtually opposite to mine), that looked quite a good place too for the cupra
Depends what size extingisher your looking at really

Attempted a couple of times to stick it on but the weight of it was only holding it for a min and since im going to be doing track days i need it secure so i took the panel out, drilled a couple of holes and used nuts and bolts on it, its solid now :D

This is where its mounted in my teg
17022009596.jpg

17022009595.jpg

Last edited:

Cupra Gsy

Jul 13, 2008
I would reccommend everyone to buy a fire extinguisher as mine cost £20 and when my car burst into flames cuz somthing fell on my turbo i was glad i brought it.

And mine is on the side of the centre console in the passenger footwell

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
A1 motorstores and places like that sell them cheaper than Halfords, i got mine off a fire extingisher shop on Ebay for about a tenner :D

Mines the second one in Robbie's link think it was £11 delivered off Ebay

Mat

Just thought, a bloke on our street has his own company dealnig in fire safety etc, might have to have a word with him.

What weight do people have? all seem to be measured in weight, no liters (capacity).

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
Damnit I was robbed ;) Looked on the bay but couldn't find them cheaper than the SD site, meh

Think it depends when you look, i couldn't find any cheap on there when i bought the one for the cupra, but these were £8.99 and then a couple of quid delivery a couple of weeks back, so i snatched one up :D

What weight do people have? all seem to be measured in weight, no liters (capacity).

Mat mines the 0.6kg one
Depends where your putting it if you want to get one a bit bigger but thats normally a good car size one

Mat

cheers boss. think i'll whack it under the rear bench. Well, where the rear bench should be, as the seats are out at the mo :D

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
0.6 KG here too. Just a thought but watch the expiry dates on these as well as they only have a ~5 year life and mine arrived a year old looking at the exp date

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.