First service

Tennis Pro

Mar 4, 2021
Hi all,
I am on a 2 year lease deal and having just done my first year I'm wondering whether or not it needs a service?
According to the digital display oil change/visual inspection is not due for another 8500 miles. Should I just follow the guide of the digital display or would the lease company require a service every 12 months?
Any information much appreciated.

Spivvy

Nov 21, 2021
UK
Personally i would do every 12 months but it depends whose paying you or the lease company

Napmasterflash

Jan 21, 2021
Mine was asking for an oil change after 12 months, I booked it in and dealer said it's on a 12 month service as VWFS like to do it annually.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tormentor

ozzrahog

Jun 24, 2018
Mines from vwfs too and is just over a year old. The car says it's due a service sometime around November do that's when it will get done

ferretz

Oct 11, 2021
Garage called me about 1 month ago for booking a small service (mainly oil change) after 12 months so I went and did.

Ninjakebab

Apr 12, 2022
What kind of work does that 350€ come with?
Here in Denmark (where everything is usually more expensive than the rest of the world) the first service is around 200€, but that's only an oil change.
2 year service with all the filters and inspections is around 400€.

ferretz

Oct 11, 2021
They changed (at least refilled) other liquids as well, don’t have the invoice with me. Switzerland is probably even more expensive than Denmark for such things.

Apr 23, 2022
Official Dealer here (Greece) told me in 15K Km or 1 year, whatever comes first. Same schedule maintenance to my Ibiza, everything went smoothly.
Whatever VW AG cars mention on the screen for service intervals, is the maximum one, no need to wait that long. Same with my sister's T-Cross.

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
As it's a lease and you wont own the car just follow the minimum required services as prompted by the cars computer.

Reactions: /dev/null

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
As it's a lease and you wont own the car just follow the minimum required services as prompted by the cars computer.

This - do whatever the absolute cheapest way you can get it done which is approved by the lease company. Check if they allow non main dealer servicing, and if so, get it done independent. You've nothing to gain spending over the odds, especially on a 2 year deal.

motormadmarc

Dec 24, 2020
Norfolk, Next To The Sea 🐟
My Leon Is on a 3 year lease plan and Is now nearly 18 months old. And after enquiring I was told by the lease company and by a SEAT dealer that there Isn't a set service period on when to get the service carried out. They said just to bring the car In when the service light comes on. I've checked when this will be due and It will probably be around August/September time. So that's when the car will get It's first service.

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
Thanks. As I'll be leasing the car, I might look into independent servicing if vwfs allow it. I did that with my old Merc and saved about £1000+ over the two years I had it.

jimbobc

May 6, 2021
Has anyone had any furthed experience of what the 1st and 2nd year service costs actually are in the UK?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.