Fitted sound proofing and upgraded trim

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
The sound deadening I had ordered arrived today so I got about fitting it to the front doors and at the same time noticed the interior door handle once removed was ideal for wrapping in some carbon fibre wrap.

Apologies the sun made photographs difficult.

First of all I removed the door handle trim with car trim tool, just levers off and mirror/door switches also lever out. Both need a little bit of force but pop out quite easily. Remove to screws visible at the top and bottom of the interior door handle.

IMG-0767.jpg

The work you away the bottom of the main door panel from the bottom, popping out the studs. Door then has to be pulled upwards to remove fully and interior door pull connector removed.

IMG-0768.jpg

With the trim panel removed I went about adding sound proofing to the door card as that vibrates the most and thought that would be a good place to start. Mat does work best on metal to absorb resonance and I will order some more to place on the top of the door . On the door card when tapped it now gives a more 'solid' sound and has had the desired affect of reducing road noise as I felt the plastic door cards are a source of vibration simply due how they are made. On Xcellence you get a cloth insert which I imagine would reduce interior noise and vibration from the door cards slightly. Other offshoot of reducing vibration and noise from the door card is that the Beats audio sounds better than it did. Less muddy with a greater clarity than before.

I also had to cut away some more of the sound deadening so I could connect the interior door handle cable as you may notice it is covered in the picture below!
IMG-0769.jpg

Next task was to wrap the door handle before refitting door card and door handle trim.

IMG-0770.jpg

IMG-0771.jpg

Last edited:

AndreasSweden

Jan 11, 2019
Stockholm Sweden
The sound deadening I had ordered arrived today so I got about fitting it to the front doors and at the same time noticed the interior door handle once removed was ideal for wrapping in some carbon fibre wrap.

Apologies the sun made photographs difficult.

First of all I removed the door handle trim with car trim tool, just levers off and mirror/door switches also lever out. Both need a little bit of force but pop out quite easily. Remove to screws visible at the top and bottom of the interior door handle.

IMG-0767.jpg

The work you away the bottom of the main door panel from the bottom, popping out the studs. Door then has to be pulled upwards to remove fully and interior door pull connector removed.

IMG-0768.jpg

With the trim panel removed I went about adding sound proofing to the door card as that vibrates the most and thought that would be a good place to start. Mat does work best on metal to absorb resonance and I will order some more to place on the top of the door . On the door card when tapped it now gives a more 'solid' sound and has had the desired affect of reducing road noise as I felt the plastic door cards are a source of vibration simply due how they are made. On Xcellence you get a cloth insert which I imagine would reduce interior noise and vibration from the door cards slightly. Other offshoot of reducing vibration and noise from the door card is that the Beats audio sounds better than it did. Less muddy with a greater clarity than before.

I also had to cut away some more of the sound deadening so I could connect the interior door handle cable as you may notice it is covered in the picture below!
IMG-0769.jpg

Next task was to wrap the door handle before refitting door card and door handle trim.

IMG-0770.jpg

IMG-0771.jpg
Hi! Nicely done! May i ask where you got the material from? Ebay?

Reactions: IbizaSRB

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
Hi! Nicely done! May i ask where you got the material from? Ebay?

Sorry for the age in replying, yes got it all from eBay and still doing a great job - just had a Leon as hire car in Portugal and my Arona is just as quiet in terms of road noise, engine wise I have a derv so there is a little more rattle and roll...

Reactions: IbizaSRB
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.