Southwest Stealth
Apr 10, 2009
Street, Somerset
10 minute guide to fitting a quickshift:
1: Open bonnet
2: Remove circlip on cable
3: Remove 13mm nut in centre of gear quadrant
4: Lift off old quadrant and replace with new
5: Refit nut, circlip and close bonnet, done!
Ok, not quite as simple but pretty much! Firstly, when undoing/doing up the 13mm nut, be sure to block the quadrant against something with a lever so you don't stress the internals of the gearbox. My quadrant came off easily, but be patient, not brutal if it won't. Clean and grease the sliding parts where the fore/aft and side to side linkages meet with the red grease supplied.
Worth it?
Pros: Much more positive shift, feels chunky shifting, like a 350Z
Cons: Heavier, bit notchy
I set mine on the minimum throw for the shortest shift, this will automatically make the action heavier, up to the individual, like this the side to side action is about the same as the fore/aft which I feel is about right. Forge do a side to side shortshift, this may make everything a bit close, but haven't had the opportunity to try one. Overall a great, inexpensive mod with a race feel!

Cupraken

Southwest Stealth
Apr 10, 2009
Street, Somerset
The end result must be the same, it's only shortening the leverage. Don't know anything about the Audi unit. The Neuspeed one looks nicer but costs 3 times as much! Depends how much you value your bling.......

Cupraken

Southwest Stealth
Apr 10, 2009
Street, Somerset
See if you can find out the distance from the gearbox shaft to the cable attachment, that will give an idea on the reduction in throw, you can let me know and i'll measure mine for comparison

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise