Fitting cat back Remus exhaust Leon cupra st help

Scottg2540

Sep 4, 2020
Hi has anyone fitted the cat back exhaust to there car and is it a easy job or would you recommend a garage instead?

Pierre Goffin

Nov 22, 2019
Hi has anyone fitted the cat back exhaust to there car and is it a easy job or would you recommend a garage instead?
Hi

I did it myself (opf back on my st 2019 model). I'm no mechanics, I'm not well equipped but it really is a simple job... as soon as you can lift the car.

I built some ramp and secured with Jack stands and then it's a matter of 9 bolts for unmounting (M13 M14 and M15 Hex if my memory is correct) :
- 2 for the main clamp to the down pipe
- 4 for the exhaust securing brace
- 3 for exhaust mounts (with silent blocks) 1 just one the middle of the car and 2 that are supporting right and left back boxes.
You only have to slide one fixation that supported only with a silent block (maybe the hardest part).

For the installation of remus one, exactly the same the other way around exception made that it comes in 4 or 5 different pieces you have to clamp together. It take a bit of time to adjust it right but it's not complex. I think tightening torque is around 35 NM for the clamps.

Reactions: Scottg2540

Sh1no

Aug 27, 2020
Hi, are you happy with the result? Improved sound? No drone?

Thanks,

Pierre Goffin

Nov 22, 2019
Hi, are you happy with the result? Improved sound? No drone?

Thanks,
Hi Guys, you can hear a bit of it here :

I didn't experienced any loud drone but I still have a bit of resonnance around 2500 to 3000 rpm. Not that it's really anoying, but it sound a bit louder in that rev range with a medium load (20 to 40%).

Reactions: queen

Sh1no

Aug 27, 2020
Hi Pierre,

thanks for sharing the video. Definitely sounds like a massive improvement over stock exhaust.

Has it been recorded in Cupra mode (I guess so) ?

Have you tightened the bolt once more few weeks after the installation? I heard that could help in reducing possible vibrations.

Pierre Goffin

Nov 22, 2019
Yes massive improvememt over stock while keeping EC approval ! It was recorded in cupra mode. Sounds the same in sport mode (with pops and bangs + dsg farts). When you switch to confort you don't have those.

Regarding tightening, it was done twice already but nothing changed. Not a big deal as it's not too loud.

Sh1no

Aug 27, 2020
Which tips have you installed? Remus or HG-Motorsport/Bull-x ones?

Do you have the same resonance in normal mode between 2500 & 3000?

Pierre Goffin

Nov 22, 2019
I choosed the 2x2 from Remus. But they came in shiny chrome which I didn't like so I painted mat balck.

With the original diffuser :

20200529_133623.jpg

With rieger diffuser :

20200605_094235.jpg

Sh1no

Aug 27, 2020
Nice result (y)

No peeling for the moment?

I heard that results are sometimes disappointing because the coating is not lasting as long as it should (even with high temp coats because of the condensated exhaust gaz acidity)

Pierre Goffin

Nov 22, 2019
Nice result (y)

No peeling for the moment?

I heard that results are sometimes disappointing because the coating is not lasting as long as it should (even with high temp coats because of the condensated exhaust gaz acidity)

Thanks !

No peeling yet but some small gravel impacts (tips are quite exposed to it), the exhaust already did 10 000km

For the resonance, as there is no valve in the exhaust system, there is no difference in sound between driving modes. Exception made of the pops and bangs and DSG farts that come with sport and cupra (in the engine mapping).

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise