Fitting S3 Pump

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
From what i understand i need to modify the pump to get it to fit, is this a case of just blocking off the second pickup or is there more?

Also, will i need to swap the floats?

Thanks.

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
I belive it is just the pickup pipe from what i can remember reading, i never swapped the floats when i installed the LCR pump and it seems to read correctly.

Testing out my theory?

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
Unless my std ibiza pump was knackerd it made a hell of a difference.

IIRC you sufferd the same revo stg2 pulling back from low RPM as i did, after the pump was fitted it was totally gone.

Managed to fit it yet?

h17och

the hunt is over. 460bhp
Sep 1, 2005
Dunstabubble
i went through 3 second hand ones before i bought a new one.

hope its new philw.

i believe you also gota join 2 wires

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Nah not yet, didnt have chance last night, i can see what you did tho, remove the top/back part of the original and use the pump part of the new one.

Ill take some pics when im doing it.

How long did it take in all Ian?

ian_cupra

the longest bit is getting the pump back in, but no more than half an hour really.

you just trying it out on your k03s?

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
I thought that might be the case.

Yeah just putting it on for extra safety and future developments. I'll probably run a 255lph Walbro as well at some point just to make sure.

Am i wasting a thread here, is it that obvious what needs doing when i take my old one out?

ian_cupra

pretty much mate, i worked it out straight away, like you say, once you get old one out its simple to see what needs doing

ian_cupra

i think he has got an LCR one, but same concept apart from blocking the extra feed pipe.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.