flat spot and limiting at 5000rpm

davescupra

hello can any one help i have a mk2 ibiza cupra, if you build up speed slowly its ok up to 5000rpm then limits,but if you try to floor it it just dont go any were fast until you take your foot off abit,its standard apart from aftermarket air filter.i have checked timing

Sep 20, 2006
Birmingham
hello can any one help i have a mk2 ibiza cupra, if you build up speed slowly its ok up to 5000rpm then limits,but if you try to floor it it just dont go any were fast until you take your foot off abit,its standard apart from aftermarket air filter.i have checked timing

Recheck the timing on the dizzy as well. Should sort the 5000rev limit out. And give the throttle body a clean, should help with the pick up.

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
still got the old ones handy >? try it with them or has it been an issue since before ?

reading the symptoms again sounds like the ignition coil to me or possibly an air leak somewhere

davescupra

it was a issue before mate,sorted that flat spot out i was gettin to much air i wrapped a towel around airfilter ,didnt come with standard airbox.i noticed its had a new coil.

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
coils are very common fault mind.

if you have to wrap a towel around an air filter to get rid of a flat spot then surely you have an air leak somewhere ?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.