Flat spot around 3krpm

Mar 5, 2007
Hey Chaps.

The car seems to boost fine usually, and this is NOT an intermittent problem. From about 3 to 3.5krpm the car accelerates, but doesn't seem to boost as much or as with as much force before or after this range. It's not a massive drop, but it is noticable. As when you floor it, pick up from 2.5k is awesome, slows down at 3k, them picks back up around 3.5k.

Is this a MAF problem?

As another question (as I don't have another LCR to compare with) When you change up a gear (during acceleration) I change up, then fire back on the throttle. It takes a second or 2 and then you feel the acceleration come back on. I am assuming this is just turbo lag after changing gear, and not anything else. But I thought I may as well ask :)

Thanks!

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
Could be a MAF problem, could also be your N75. Could be a number of things though... so stick a post up in the VAG-COM 'Help Requests' forum section to see if somebody in your area has VAG-COM and can help.

Mar 5, 2007
performance torque did it. He said this isn't a characteristic of the map, and I'd be inclined to believe him for now. Which means it's showing up something elsewhere?

Mar 5, 2007
Well, I'd only had the car a very short while before hand, but definitely didn't notice anything before the map.

Johnsey

SNAFU
Dec 23, 2003
Here & There
www.google.com
Get yourself along to a local meet, maybe someone there will have a copy of VAGCOM to do some logging or even swap MAF's for testing purposes?
Do a search for "flat spot" or MAF and you'll see what I mean.