FMIC Crash bar

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
Bit of a long shoot but has anyone got any pic's of the front crash bar that Forge supply with there FMIC kit ?
I could also do woth the measurement's of where I need to cut an OE crash bar to make it fit.

Ideally I'd like to get the crash bar ready before I strip the front of the car to fit my FMIC.

F2 Stu

I. Am. Legend.
Oct 4, 2001
Crawley, UK
Visit site
FMINTLCRparts420.jpg

looking at the different pictures I'm 99% sure the crash bar isn't cut but mounted tight up against he inside face with appropiate slotted fixing lugs at the right centres welded on to suit. easy peasy.

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
How thick is the cooler DK? Mines really thick and I only took about 5-8mm off so if its less than 70mm I'd say you can just weld some bracket on the bar or bend some repair brackets to shape [like on the loose air filter thread]

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
Is that 76mm where the brackets are? the cooler is prob only 70mm?

I think mines either 76 or 80 and I had to modify mine.

You could just cut 10mm out of the back and be done with it? the further forward it sits the further away from te rads it will be.....obviously better for air flow :)

F2 Stu

I. Am. Legend.
Oct 4, 2001
Crawley, UK
Visit site
In that case I would think the upper part bar is notched so that the cooler is up against the lower flange (where its got a return lip to give it strength) and that the cooler is plum to the vertical.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.