Fog Light Indication Lamp

PM3

Aug 19, 2016
Hampshire
Guy's.
I was scraping the ice off this morning when I noticed my front fog lights were on.
I'd obviously left them on since all the foggy weather. I don't normally leave them on so checked in car and noticed that there is no indication lamp on the instrument cluster to notify you that the fogs are on. The only indication is on the main light switch at knee height, and as I have auto lights I have no need to even look at this switch 99% of the time.
I'm fairly certain that my MKII had a lamp on the instruments.
So I spose the question is, is this correct or have I got a lamp out in the instrument cluster?

FR150 TDi Tech

Luckypants

Extra Large Member
Apr 7, 2015
N.E. Wales
That is correct, no fog lamp indicator in the instrument cluster. With auto-lights, you do need to remember to switch off manually - fog lamps are automatically cancelled if you manually set the light switch to off.

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
MK2 is the same front fogs just show a green light on the dial, rear fogs show a warning light on dash.

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
That's what I thought but It's not for brake cooling, there's an extra cooler behind the LH grille. The brake ducts are from underneath.
by jove you are right. I've just been and had a look at the 290 and the left (nearside) appears to have something there as you say, also seems to send more air into engine compartment. Looking at offside one , I can see what appears to be air con pipes, horn and further on engine etc. There are some bleed holes into that duct to wheel arch, but again the main purpose appears to be extra cooling for the engine bay. You live and learn, as they say. ;)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members