Folding mirrors squeak =((

wolkanku

Jun 18, 2007
Turkey/Istanbul
hi everyone;

my 07' leon's folding mirrors were rattling while folding , i tried wd40 for a while and it was ok ...
when i got my car washed i saw that the man who washes my car folded my mirrors full to the outside .. i asked if this was normal..i tried it myself it seemed ok...if the mirrors are folded full to the outside , the water properly comes out...

when i washed the car , i always folded the mirrors outside...but nowadays my lef side mirror SQUEAKS like something in the folding motor is trying to hard to unfold... it looks like i have to go to the service...

is there any advice that you can tell before going to the service...

and my advice is , never unfold the mirrors full to the outside...

Last edited:

OLDOILER

Jul 28, 2005
Wiltshire, UK
hi everyone;

my 07' leon's folding mirrors were rattling while folding , i tried wd40 for a while and it was ok ...
when i got my car washed i saw that the man who washes my car folded my mirrors full to the outside .. i asked if this was normal..i tried it myself it seemed ok...if the mirrors are folded full to the outside , the water properly comes out...

when i washed the car , i always folded the mirrors outside...but nowadays my lef side mirror SQUEAKS like something in the folding motor is trying to hard to unfold... it looks like i have to go to the service...

is there any advice that you can tell before going to the service...

and my advice is , never unfold the mirrors full to the outside...
Take it to the dealers - it's a warranty matter, my mounting came loose on NS and had to get that sorted. There are quite a few simlar threads try a search.

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
Mine too. Only the drivers side when i fold it up - a grateing/sqeaking noise. :blink:

ALT54

Dec 9, 2004
I have had both mine replaced under warranty, there seems to be two faults with the electric mirrors, the first is they do not fold all the way up and secondly the grating noise on folding. control unit is replaced for first fault (both of mine) and motor assembly for second fault nearside replaced for this. Slight squeaking is a lube job carried out by workshop.
Paul

wolkanku

Jun 18, 2007
Turkey/Istanbul
I have had both mine replaced under warranty, there seems to be two faults with the electric mirrors, the first is they do not fold all the way up and secondly the grating noise on folding. control unit is replaced for first fault (both of mine) and motor assembly for second fault nearside replaced for this. Slight squeaking is a lube job carried out by workshop.
Paul

well i dont know if they can change mine too...
in turkey ,sales and service departments try everything to not to change under warranty , they force you to pay for something...

chrisboyle999

MFD3 for sale, inbox me.
Nov 28, 2006
Geordieland
dont be fobbed off by dealer speak.
neither the dealership or seat pay for warranty issues, the company that made the faulty item will pay. in fact the dealership make money on warranty claims as they charge for labour.
seat themselves will make very few of the cars parts. the factory is merely a place where they are all collected from suppliers and screwed together.

by the way, do you get 1 or 3 years warranty in mainland europe?

wolkanku

Jun 18, 2007
Turkey/Istanbul
dont be fobbed off by dealer speak.
neither the dealership or seat pay for warranty issues, the company that made the faulty item will pay. in fact the dealership make money on warranty claims as they charge for labour.
seat themselves will make very few of the cars parts. the factory is merely a place where they are all collected from suppliers and screwed together.

by the way, do you get 1 or 3 years warranty in mainland europe?

thanks for advice.... we have 2 years guarante (if you can say guarantee)

our guarantee is really a chaos , if you buy "seat sport" springs and 18" seat sport bbs wheels your cars suspension and etc. will be out of guarantee...ok then why should i pay +100euro for eibach prokit just because it has seat sport logo on it?? then why should i pay +1000euro's for 18" wheels and not get and aftermarket wheel?? when we ask these questions dealers say that we are right but the distrubitor of seat is full of idiots...