Folding Mirrors

mr.Linatsa69

Hello everyone!!!
My cupra arrived today after 4 months. :funk:

I try to find a solution with my electric folding mirrors (extra)
I want to make them fold by the key as all the other seat an Vag group cars!!!

Does anybody got an idea? Via alarm maybe?
To fold them, the key must be at the ignition, you fold the mirrors, pull out the key
and now you want to get out! But you can't look from the mirrors! :blink:
So you look back but sometimes you don't have good visibilty!!!

Any idea?

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
1. Use the rear-view mirror?

2. I suspect it's possible if you or a mate is really handy with electronics, it's basically a physical switch that is closed by turning the dial round. In theory, (ie. what i've just thought of) is you could have some form of solenoid type affair which is programmed to the lock button on the keyfob which activates the switch when you lock the car. This'd probably be a right PITA to do though and almost certainly affect your warranty to a greater or lesser degree.

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Its not programmable from a diagnostic point of view.

Wiring it in would be tricky as all dorr commands work on 5v which is then sent through the door control unit.

mr.Linatsa69

Thanks a lot!!!
I will try to find a solution via aftermarket alarm system!!!

iandjm

Nov 23, 2007
Isle of Wight
Hi,

It is weird that you can't just hold the lock button on the keyfob down, as you could on my Leon. I miss that function. The original poster is right..... it is silly having to fold your mirror, then not being able to use it before you open the door.

Ian

iandjm

Nov 23, 2007
Isle of Wight
Yes I guess you can. It just seems stupid that as the whole car uses can bus control for all electronincs, they did not include the remote fold function.

mr.Linatsa69

Cant u just open the door then turn the dial then get out? ;)

No I cant!

To close the mirrors i must have the key at the ignition or if i took the key off
i must not have the door open!

[:@]

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.