Folding seat problem any help greatly appriciated

epts2008

rule the bends
Mar 19, 2009
Chelmsford, Essex
I have a problem with my n/s rear seat the base folds down into the footwell but when I pull the seat latch at the top of the seat it just feel floppy and has no affect on the seat catch, has anyone had this problem before or can anyone offer me any advice of how to get the seat latch off or fix the problem
Thankyou for your time
Charlie

Dec 19, 2006
My mate had a similar problem, couldn't get the seat to eject and the centre seat belt wouldn't work. What we found was that the rear seat was actually ejected from the latch but the latch had been bent up previously, push or pull the seat down as it'll be tight to latch then compare the latch to the other one to see which way it needs to be moved up or down then hit with a hammer but cover the end so you don't damage the latch, do a couple of heavy taps then offer the seat up to see if it catches or anything hopefully after that it should close and eject ok.

Dec 19, 2006
If it isn't that then you'll have to remove the seat and pop the cover off from the backboard and make sure all the wires are connected as they clip into metal brackets to hold the outer black cable so the inner wire can pull and release correctly.

epts2008

rule the bends
Mar 19, 2009
Chelmsford, Essex
right out in the car as we speak and trying giving it a good yank didnt affect it at all its definatly in the latched position if I am to remove the seat how do I go about doing it with the seat still in the latched postition?

epts2008

rule the bends
Mar 19, 2009
Chelmsford, Essex
right out in the car as we speak and trying giving it a good yank didnt affect it at all its definatly in the latched position if I am to remove the seat how do I go about doing it with the seat still in the latched postition?

right just climbed into the boot and have managed to lever the latch off with a screwdriver and have now found the fault, at the bottom of the part you pull on to collapse the seat down there is a small clip that pops through a hole in the latch and clips over the edges of the hole one of the clips has snapped off which is why when i pull the release the handle goes up and down without affecting the latch does anyone know if I can buy a new lever for the seat or is it a whole new latch mechanism needed?
thanks

Sep 29, 2008
Midlands
right just climbed into the boot and have managed to lever the latch off with a screwdriver and have now found the fault, at the bottom of the part you pull on to collapse the seat down there is a small clip that pops through a hole in the latch and clips over the edges of the hole one of the clips has snapped off which is why when i pull the release the handle goes up and down without affecting the latch does anyone know if I can buy a new lever for the seat or is it a whole new latch mechanism needed?
thanks

Contact David at Sere (clicky)

He'll advise you what you need and (no doubt) at a discount :)

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
in the mountains ( Wales )
yes you can buy the parts , when i bought my car it had no handle/latch to pull at all

so i went to seat (white dove- cardiff) and showed the guy there (vince) seemed to know his stuff

i bought the latch which had a big rod attached i pushed this through the seat and job done opened again

jonedgar

Hi,

I have got the same issue. Did you manage to change the latch and if so how did you get the old one out?

epts2008

rule the bends
Mar 19, 2009
Chelmsford, Essex
If i'm honest it was along time ago now. If memory serves me right i just had to yank the old pull up lever out and replace it as one of the tabs on it had broke inside the seat. After fitting the new one it works fine. Good luck.

jonedgar

Thanks for the quick reply. Does not sound too difficult. Hopefully when I get a replacement it will give me an idea on how to remove the old one.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.