For Fast Eddie from Angelwings....The Megane

angelwings

Nov 19, 2003
Scotland
Visit site
Well I have had the car three days now (225 Cup) and what can I say??
I don't want to hear hysterical laughter and mocking vibes.
It's acceleration is pants (to go on the big ass)!! Why did I buy a 16 valve car after a 20 valve? Why didn't one of you lot suggest this might be noticeable.!!! Seemed ok on test drive and maybe after a few miles and some optimax (has done 1600) it will feel better. It has same bhp and does move off swiftly in first but other than that it bottoms out quickly and sounds like a clapped out mini. I want my old car back.....now! I like the sound system, much better quality, comfortable seats with lumbar control, nice touches with automatic lights and rain sensor. Speed limiter..????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't really think I can keep this, I feel awfully depressed. Have seen a black LCR 05 with 15th on the clock for 15th, might just get it and put recaro seats in at as comfort is a big issue. My hubby says he feels as if he is in a tank!!
Can I come back???

angelwings

Nov 19, 2003
Scotland
Visit site
jason said:
i see you mention a leon in the post so that makes it leon related
Have been a member here for three years with an LCR and debated the change with members. Hence this post which is favourable to the LCR.....sadly for me!!!

Rokerlad

Sep 25, 2004
East of Eden
I had a Clio 172 Cup a few years back. Great car to drive but absolute shite build quality. Rattles and squeaks all over the place from the dash, seats and trim. The Megane will be exactly the same. I vow never to buy French again, unless Puegeot bring out a modern 205/306 GTi style hatch but can't see it happening.

Fast_Eddie

BMW 1series M please!
May 16, 2004
Bradford West Yorkshire
Im sorry to hear about your choice, but very glad you have replied, as it saves me wasting my time going for a test drive. I know I will really miss the LCR when it goes in October so I had better find something good to replace it--DEFO not the Megane now!!
Might be worth keeping yours, as someone has just said until the new Leon Cupra comes out or swop it for a golf GTI?

angelwings

Nov 19, 2003
Scotland
Visit site
jamie paton said:
you could always suffer it for a year or so and buy the NEW leon cupra. mmmm
I was thinking that, put optimax in and switched off traction control and it was a bit better today although still lacks the poke in 34 and 5. Leaves the stable better than the LCR and is more comfortable but I really miss putting the foot down and passing everything that moves!!
Thanks for your support!! Have located a black LCR in Preston , waiting to hear what they will give me for big pants. Might drive down there next weekend aND SWAP!!

angelwings

Nov 19, 2003
Scotland
Visit site
Fast_Eddie said:
Im sorry to hear about your choice, but very glad you have replied, as it saves me wasting my time going for a test drive. I know I will really miss the LCR when it goes in October so I had better find something good to replace it--DEFO not the Megane now!!
Might be worth keeping yours, as someone has just said until the new Leon Cupra comes out or swop it for a golf GTI?
aT LEAST i HAVE DONE YOU A FAVOUR!! The Gti is a bit pricey and the new cupra will be too. Should have gone for a new one in Jan when selling them off. Might be pleased with Preston! What will you buy??

Fast_Eddie

BMW 1series M please!
May 16, 2004
Bradford West Yorkshire
I recon it will be the golf, although I took an an Astra VXR out and it did feel quick but at 6ft 2, I didnt feel that comfortable in it. The gear lever is very low and the brake pedal had a lot of travel. These bits combined with poor A and C pillar visability kind of put me off, although it was quick(about the same as the LCR).
I recon its down to the Focus ST or the Golf with a possible sniff at the bmw120d if I decide to give less to Gordon Brown?

Good luck in Preston.

Rokerlad

Sep 25, 2004
East of Eden
Fast_Eddie said:
I recon it will be the golf, although I took an an Astra VXR out and it did feel quick but at 6ft 2, I didnt feel that comfortable in it. The gear lever is very low and the brake pedal had a lot of travel. These bits combined with poor A and C pillar visability kind of put me off, although it was quick(about the same as the LCR).
I recon its down to the Focus ST or the Golf with a possible sniff at the bmw120d if I decide to give less to Gordon Brown?

Good luck in Preston.

Golf is the one to go for, with 18's and DSG. Trust me ;)

angelwings

Nov 19, 2003
Scotland
Visit site
rst_cupra_r said:
i know someone who wants a megane show me some pics an ill link thm this page
That's good of you, don't have techie knowledge to do this. Been offered 14k by a stealer against a new LCR!!! That would be a loss of 2 grand!!!
They have one in local garage, grey, may have a look. If you were a good friend you would tell him not to bother!!

Fast_Eddie

BMW 1series M please!
May 16, 2004
Bradford West Yorkshire
oh dear--maybe its better to hang on to the big bottomed beauty for a while and then swop it--sorry im not much help but 'is it really that much different to a LCR'???
I suppose im a bit gobsmacked that Renault cant get a medium sized hatched right.
I know its got electric steering and all but com on--ive got a 1988 309GTI that handles like the dogs preverbials, so surely they(the french!) must be able to sort out a big bottomed hatch???

angelwings

Nov 19, 2003
Scotland
Visit site
Fast_Eddie said:
oh dear--maybe its better to hang on to the big bottomed beauty for a while and then swop it--sorry im not much help but 'is it really that much different to a LCR'???
I suppose im a bit gobsmacked that Renault cant get a medium sized hatched right.
I know its got electric steering and all but com on--ive got a 1988 309GTI that handles like the dogs preverbials, so surely they(the french!) must be able to sort out a big bottomed hatch???
Just the acceleration that "bottoms" out otherwise I could live with it. Do you know there is not a black cupra r out there.
Take care

Fast_Eddie

BMW 1series M please!
May 16, 2004
Bradford West Yorkshire
Im quite suprised after reading Autocars new group test supplement that the 225 Cup (albeit an F1--same mech spec though) came out quite high up and recieved some praise from some of the testers?

Ok the focus ST came third with the cayman and the exige:whistle: but the Renault didnt do too badly to be there in the first place?

Could there be something amiss with yours or is it really that bad?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise