For sale £9,500ono Leon Cupra K1, Shark Performance Mapped 350bhp 496Nm

Jul 6, 2013
West Yorkshire
Well not updated in a while but had a few things going on and a few things planned but just had no time to get anything done.

After fitting y new wheels and tyres I had a a very minute amount of scrub which I'm not happy with on the front. I've looked and its not on any paint work on the arches so that's a relief. It's hitting the arch liner when it's screwed to the wing. I've got a few ideas about how to solve it, but it's ok in day to day driving and doesn't scrub until it hits a a sudden bump. I also need to change my front wheel adapotors from 20mm to 15mm so I don't have as much poke as I think this will help my problem a little bit. The rear sit perfect, I think anyway.
This is the little bit of scrub I get, as you can see it nothing drastic as I've had the wheels on about 3-4weeks now and it's used everyday.

The front need to come in slightly...........

I went over to my mates in Otley to have a catch up and get a couple of pictures. He love the Cupra and is very surprised at how fast it is against his RS4. His RS is running 443bhp and couldn't get away ha ha made my night. I'll let the pictures do the talking, I've always had a soft spot for the B5 RS4 in misano red then he went and got one(I think just to rub it in ha ha) his car is a credit to him.

I also realised that I need to lower mine. I've had a Genuine Audi RS4 rim in the garage for a while so I thought I'd give it a try and see what the fit was like. It's a 8.5x19 with a et48. Well it fit perfect! I had no tyre on it so I could look at the distance between the strut and the wheel for reference. I sat on t on two block of wood so it was at standard ride height.

I got a new dip stick as mine had broken slightly as you can see from the picture.

The little O-ring ended up down here.

Other than that I had my brother round to paint his rocker cover with wrinkle red VHT paint for him MX5. I've used it before with good results on my Audi S2, brilliant stuff for what resul you get for the cost of the stuff.It started like this.

We gave it a clean up wmy th brake cleaner and a scrub with 120grit sand paper. It total we gave it 3 coats of paint as it says on the tin. I heated the metal up first with the heat gun so the paint would take to it quicker.

This was after the 3rd coat and with a bit of help from the heat gun. You can see it start to wrinkle at the far side.

Then when we had finished the last coat I put some more heat in it. Then left it for an hour and the end results look like this, it will be left for a couple of day to air dry then fitted to the car. I think it looks great, I bought he paint to do the intake pipe for the induction kit. I might do that soon.

And that's it for now.

robokid

Nov 26, 2014
Hi nice build you commented on my thread ages ago it was about the cupra where my engine went bang running 360 bhp I'm stripping my engine down to find damage but would love to get some advice on where you brought your pistons and stuff from and how much you bored the engine out as my bore in cylinder one is damage and would love to fit bigger pistons are you on Facebook or got a email as any advice is much appreciated thanks ash

Seatsam94

May 10, 2014
Your car looks amazing, quick question about your bonnet mod. I've been trying to do some research into it for a while now, what gas strut are you using? Is your mate still making the brackets?

Jul 6, 2013
West Yorkshire
Your car looks amazing, quick question about your bonnet mod. I've been trying to do some research into it for a while now, what gas strut are you using? Is your mate still making the brackets?

Cheers :thumbup:

The gas strut is from a A3, I'll have a word with my mate and see what he says for you. This is the thread for the mod.
http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=410774&highlight=Bonnet+gas+strut

You need m8 threaded nut with a 10mm ball. I ordered the wrong ones and had to reduce one from 13mm ball to 10mm. PITA of a job!

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Good progress mate, I like the way you've gone with this.

Catch up soon at the next brekkie do :)

PS. I bet you didn't tackle the RS4 on the twisties ;)

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2013
West Yorkshire
Good progress mate, I like the way you've gone with this.

Catch up soon at the next brekkie do :)

PS. I bet you didn't tackle the RS4 on the twisties ;)

Cheers mate, it's still a work in progress.

Never got a chance to go for a proper blast with the RS as he sold it last week. Guy came from Ireland for it. Got some good money for it but it was mint.

I won't be missing out on a Harvester breakfast so yeah catch up with you soon.

Jul 6, 2013
West Yorkshire
Have you a uprated clutch with running this power?

No, but it had a new clutch put in about 1000miles before the engine went bang. I spoke to Ben at Shark about the clutch, he said it should be fine as long as you don't do silly low rpm in high gears and floor it. Use the gearbox to drive it, if going for a overtake drop a gear sort of thing. It's been fine for the last 5 months. I did put a new flywheels in though.

Jul 6, 2013
West Yorkshire
Ok cool. Im goin stage2 shark ok sat i think :) have u got uprated intercooler on aswell?

No, but I'm running sharks stage 2+/3. I went for a smoother map as our lass uses the car everyday and didn't want to scare her when the boost came in, ha ha. So a less aggressive map. If you are on Facebook you can see my map and car on there. 16th January I think it was. The car is awesome to drive and very fast. I can't recommend Ben and his team at Shark enough to be honest

scottieboy89

Feb 3, 2015
No, but I'm running sharks stage 2+/3. I went for a smoother map as our lass uses the car everyday and didn't want to scare her when the boost came in, ha ha. So a less aggressive map. If you are on Facebook you can see my map and car on there. 16th January I think it was. The car is awesome to drive and very fast. I can't recommend Ben and his team at Shark enough to be honest
Ok thanks ill have a look :) yeh i want a smooth map as why im choosing shark but im goin 2 brotek down beside falkirk as thats the closest one 2 me thats been recommended :) jst bit worried i kill the standard clutch as cars just going onto 60k

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.