Forge 007p dv Springs

Ricardo

Leon Cupra R 265 bhp
Oct 20, 2006
Milton Keynes
Just found out that my spring is green[:@]. It was delivered like that. Apparently I need a yellow one to deal with the higher psi that my custom coded LCR is running at. Forge want £10 + for it and then £7.20 postage. Ouchh! Anyone found a source to get one abit more reasonably priced? Cheers guys, I want my boost looked after. But its just a bit of curly metal £20 is a lot, I wouldnt even pay that for a slinky.....

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
Green should be good enough mind you. Make sure you fit it the right way around or you will need a stronger spring to prevent leakage.

Mr Roboto

Domo Arigato
Mar 14, 2005
Sussex
Just found out that my spring is green[:@]. It was delivered like that. Apparently I need a yellow one to deal with the higher psi that my custom coded LCR is running at. Forge want £10 + for it and then £7.20 postage. Ouchh! Anyone found a source to get one abit more reasonably priced? Cheers guys, I want my boost looked after. But its just a bit of curly metal £20 is a lot, I wouldnt even pay that for a slinky.....

Phone them up you might get a deal :D

Witalik

ROTTERDAM FEYENOORD
Dec 28, 2008
Netherlands
Green should be good enough mind you. Make sure you fit it the right way around or you will need a stronger spring to prevent leakage.

What way is the right way ? just the normal way where the smallest hose is on top ?

because i think mine is leaking and i fitted the yellow spring now... (also did that with the green one)

J0N

Defected!

Be sure to phone or email/PM Forge before ordering, if you just go ahead
and order off their website you'll get stung for the postage, it's an automatic
system. Forge are bang on if you get in touch first.

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
Be sure to phone or email/PM Forge before ordering, if you just go ahead
and order off their website you'll get stung for the postage, it's an automatic
system. Forge are bang on if you get in touch first.

They adjust it before they charge your card, if you look I asked about it in the forge section a couple of months ago when I bought my SAI blanking plate :)

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=216305

Last edited:

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
What way is the right way ? just the normal way where the smallest hose is on top ?

because i think mine is leaking and i fitted the yellow spring now... (also did that with the green one)
yes thats the right way.
If its leaking service it with a kit from Forge and be sure to replace all 3 O rings too.

Witalik

ROTTERDAM FEYENOORD
Dec 28, 2008
Netherlands
the valve is fitted for 1 month now....

it was fitted with TIP and the jabba induction kit

but when i give the full throttle it looks like a harrier fighter plane is cranking up his jet engine.

Mark300zx

Apr 24, 2008
Surrey/SW London
I believe there are different ways of installing the DV.

But IIRC in the oem model, the valve opens against boost pressure and allows flow of boost back into the intake, surely if you have more boost this will seal the valve more and a weaker spring would be required to enable manifold vacuum to open the DV.

If you have reversed the DV then you would need a stronger spring!

J0N

Defected!
If you had a weaker spring the increased boost would push the valve open causing pressure to re circulate as oppose to waiting for a vacuum from the intake mani if installed the original way. Although I've heard of this I don't know what benefit you would get installing the DV the opposite way round.

Mark300zx

Apr 24, 2008
Surrey/SW London
If you have forge at the top of the dv when it is installed, then the boost seals the valve, if you have it on the side then you need stronger springs.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.