FORGE TIPs (Help)

Punch IT!

you fool!
Jun 22, 2007
west london
Hiya i have a Forge TIP for my 51 plate LC. The car engine code is AUQ and after having my H&R springs today the guy took a quick look at the TIP and said it does not look like the right one. Is there different TIPs i did speak to forge and told them my code (AUQ) Help peeps has anyone got pictures of the original TIP take removed from their Cupra??

Car looks good lowered on H&R Springs tho [B)]

speedsix

Leon Cupra R 225
Oct 30, 2004
Get him to look underneath the original intake for hoses that you might not be able to see from looking above.

danieltm

Bit of Jabba magic!
Aug 26, 2006
Norwich
Hiya i have a Forge TIP for my 51 plate LC. The car engine code is AUQ and after having my H&R springs today the guy took a quick look at the TIP and said it does not look like the right one. Is there different TIPs i did speak to forge and told them my code (AUQ) Help peeps has anyone got pictures of the original TIP take removed from their Cupra??

Car looks good lowered on H&R Springs tho [B)]

Got any pics of you car now with it lowered?

Punch IT!

you fool!
Jun 22, 2007
west london
Got any pics of you car now with it lowered?

No pictures yet im afraid was too busy today plus was watching the footy. It is still on the 16" alloys tho and does not look a lot different only about 2-3 cm drop i think but handles well from what ive felt so far. New front tyres as well those Falkens FK452 everyone types about. :)

danieltm

Bit of Jabba magic!
Aug 26, 2006
Norwich
Im looking in to full suspension or coilovers in the next few month but only want to go down about 30mm? Also planning on getting a TIP. From what i have seen on the forge site as long as you buy the one that is for your engine code all should be good? Have you looked at the original and forge yourself?

Punch IT!

you fool!
Jun 22, 2007
west london
Im looking in to full suspension or coilovers in the next few month but only want to go down about 30mm? Also planning on getting a TIP. From what i have seen on the forge site as long as you buy the one that is for your engine code all should be good? Have you looked at the original and forge yourself?

Hi yeah i did a search and just realised the standard pipe has a greyish pipe which goes on to the turbo and that must be what we didnt know. The Forge one is one piece all the same colour. It must be the correct one im 100% sure of it now. Dam it i had the car at the garage in the air this would have been a easier job there. Will have to take it back this week i guess. :cry:

Hector

Mine is an AUQ code too. Ive got pics on my phone if you need it from when i changed mine. The original is half rubber, half metal.forge is all silicone& fits fine, but because the standard metal bit is totally pinched where it joins the turbo, you'll def have to remove the water pipe like the guides say.

Its easy enough to fiy yourself, from above only, dont need to raise the car,save yourself about an hours garage labour time and fir it yourself in about 40mins!

danieltm

Bit of Jabba magic!
Aug 26, 2006
Norwich
Hi yeah i did a search and just realised the standard pipe has a greyish pipe which goes on to the turbo and that must be what we didnt know. The Forge one is one piece all the same colour. It must be the correct one im 100% sure of it now. Dam it i had the car at the garage in the air this would have been a easier job there. Will have to take it back this week i guess. :cry:

Could you keep me updated on how it all goes and what you think to the new tip. Im interested to know the out come. Ta! ;)

Punch IT!

you fool!
Jun 22, 2007
west london
Took LC back to the garage today to fit The TIP and have got to say it really helps getting under it as it is a B**ch getting the pipe back on the turbo so WD40 helped. The TIP didnt have the nipple bit on the top near the section which connects to the MAF so we had to make a hole in the pipe like in the guide made by Jason.

Once on the Car feels so much better im sure of it and the DV sounds nicer too!
Great mod for the car imo![B)]

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.