Formentor and snow

Big A

Jul 7, 2021
At the moment it is currently snowing here, and I'm just back from dropping the wife off at work.

After clearing the car of snow all was good and was taking things gingerly on the untreated roads. After about three miles and driving into the snow, I get a warning that the front sensor is compromised and needs cleaned. Fair enough, it is bound to get caked in snow while driving head first into it, and the warning disappears from the middle of the dash, although the yellow warning triangle and some other yellow thing are illuminated, but know what they are regarding and ignore them and carry on. A couple of miles later while nearly back home, it then says front parking sensors are needing cleaned and this is where it now becomes a constantly bonging PITA. When stopped at traffic lights, the barriers at the side of the road or actual traffic light column, now make the car beep and the infotainment screen change to show front parking sensor until up to speed or past the obstruction, then another bong to repeat the front sensors are not working properly as they need cleaned, then another bong for front collision warning unavailable. This also flashes up on the centre of the dash, and repeats and cycles every 10 seconds. Luckily when it started doing this I was only 2 mins from home, and it continued with its warning until I parked in the driveway. If I had miles to go, this would've driven me mental. You would think it would let you know once, and maybe just have a warning showing on the infotainment screen if check vehicle status, like the front sensor did. I get that these driver aids are there for our safety, but they are so intrusive at times and makes you wonder how we all managed to cope before these were developed.

Just letting you guys know what to expect if it is snowing wherever you are today and out driving.

Reactions: Peyton

Hampa1

Mar 23, 2021
I hope the upcoming sw update (1890) will solve the extremely sensitive sensors. During heavy snow I get it, but my front sensor is frequently inactivated in light rain as well. My previous car, 2017 MK7 Golf R, never had that issue so it should be possible for VAG to fix. Beside that I enjoy the car a lot!

Big A

Jul 7, 2021
I hope the upcoming sw update (1890) will solve the extremely sensitive sensors. During heavy snow I get it, but my front sensor is frequently inactivated in light rain as well. My previous car, 2017 MK7 Golf R, never had that issue so it should be possible for VAG to fix. Beside that I enjoy the car a lot!
I've driven in heavy rain a few times and my front sensor has been fine, although my car is only a month old. The only other times it has had "limited functionality", has been in misty or frosty weather, which again is understandable.

I can also live with it being inactive when covered in snow, as that is also understandable, but the constant parking sensor warnings are unbearable. I wouldn't have thought the car relied on them so much during normal driving and the majority of aids would be through the main sensor in the middle of the lower grille.

Reactions: Hampa1
Oct 8, 2021
At the moment it is currently snowing here, and I'm just back from dropping the wife off at work.

After clearing the car of snow all was good and was taking things gingerly on the untreated roads. After about three miles and driving into the snow, I get a warning that the front sensor is compromised and needs cleaned. Fair enough, it is bound to get caked in snow while driving head first into it, and the warning disappears from the middle of the dash, although the yellow warning triangle and some other yellow thing are illuminated, but know what they are regarding and ignore them and carry on. A couple of miles later while nearly back home, it then says front parking sensors are needing cleaned and this is where it now becomes a constantly bonging PITA. When stopped at traffic lights, the barriers at the side of the road or actual traffic light column, now make the car beep and the infotainment screen change to show front parking sensor until up to speed or past the obstruction, then another bong to repeat the front sensors are not working properly as they need cleaned, then another bong for front collision warning unavailable. This also flashes up on the centre of the dash, and repeats and cycles every 10 seconds. Luckily when it started doing this I was only 2 mins from home, and it continued with its warning until I parked in the driveway. If I had miles to go, this would've driven me mental. You would think it would let you know once, and maybe just have a warning showing on the infotainment screen if check vehicle status, like the front sensor did. I get that these driver aids are there for our safety, but they are so intrusive at times and makes you wonder how we all managed to cope before these were developed.

Just letting you guys know what to expect if it is snowing wherever you are today and out driving.

I had exactly the same driving in snow. The warnings came on, crash detection was unavailable, cruise control/ACC, parking sensors.

I’ve driven in bad snow before in previous car, Octavia vRS and never had any issues.
Is it become the sensors are slightly higher up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Big A
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise