Formentor & CarPlay &iPhone 15 Pro

Mattyn1

Oct 26, 2022
Hi All

Been super impressed with CarPlay with my old iPhone 12 Pro - would connect wirelessly and seamlessly and was never any issues.

Upgraded to a 15 Pro Max, and have all sorts of issues - mostly a reluctance to connect unless I scan for wifi and select My Seat 0008. When I switch the car off, and lock, and go back, I find CarPlay again fails to connect. In fact the phone won't connect via Bluetooth either - so I have a feeling this is a little tick somewhere that is not ticked!!

Have deleted the old phone on the car, and changed the name of the new one - so can anyone who has had similar issues point me in the right direction please? Not tried with a cable yet (as that would be backward step).

Any clues please help - driving me nuts!!!

Thanks in advance

Matt

Mattyn1

Oct 26, 2022
Just been messing with it and tried connecting with a lead - all worked fine - so switched off and locked the car, went back and CarPlay fired up without the lead - could it be one has to connect new phone with lead first time for car play?

I suppose I will find out tomorrow morning!!

Reactions: Tell

macwreck

Dec 16, 2023
Just been messing with it and tried connecting with a lead - all worked fine - so switched off and locked the car, went back and CarPlay fired up without the lead - could it be one has to connect new phone with lead first time for car play?

I suppose I will find out tomorrow morning!!
I have read elsewhere that it DOES required to setup your iPhone with a USB Cable connected 1st time ... mine worked via Bluetooth 1st time but I had a cable just in case. You may have just experienced that and congrats if you did as you have solved it!

Reactions: Tell

SamuelDonuts

Jan 6, 2017
Midlands
Just picked up my brand new Formentor. I plugged my phone in, it asked me on my iPhone to confirm CarPlay and a second time to enable wireless CarPlay. Easy. It was an absolute pig to enable in my previous Leon (mk4) though.

When I got to my destination, I pulled the cable out and it did turn CarPlay off - however when getting back in the car, it’s booted straight up on wireless.

Mattyn1

Oct 26, 2022
Confirmed today - the CarPlay connected wirelessly and instantly. Panic about nowt - so happy now!!!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.