Formentor PCP & PCH offers thread

CupraNewboy

May 17, 2021
Just had an update on my build time from the dealer. Looks like it's nowhere near as long as I was initially told from Cupra themselves. I was quoted 18-24 weeks, which would mean November/December, but have an official date of week 32 which is August so should be ready for collection in September. Happy days
That's fab news! So you ordered on 14 June (week 24) and have a build date of week 32 - 6 weeks! I'm trying not to get too excited as that could mean my week 19 order could be being built in week 25 (w/c 21/7) delivery in August! :oops: OMG (calm down, calm down)!

Gordon Blair

May 3, 2020
That's fab news! So you ordered on 14 June (week 24) and have a build date of week 32 - 6 weeks! I'm trying not to get too excited as that could mean my week 19 order could be being built in week 25 (w/c 21/7) delivery in August! :oops: OMG (calm down, calm down)!
I'm surprised by this myself, but really pleased that it won't be as long as first thought. Fingers crossed there's no delays

Reactions: CupraNewboy

4Mentor

May 19, 2021
I'm surprised by this myself, but really pleased that it won't be as long as first thought. Fingers crossed there's no delays
Sorry to jump in and spoil the party but I wouldn't hold your breath. The dealers seem to be selling as usual and offering dates that won't be happening.

I ordered mid April. Still waiting for an actual delivery date. Research shows that they don't expect this chip shortage to get better until the next year. I'm thinking even my order will be next year now

Gordon Blair

May 3, 2020
Sorry to jump in and spoil the party but I wouldn't hold your breath. The dealers seem to be selling as usual and offering dates that won't be happening.

I ordered mid April. Still waiting for an actual delivery date. Research shows that they don't expect this chip shortage to get better until the next year. I'm thinking even my order will be next year now
Yeah that’s what I’m thinking too. They might be saying this as I’d told them that I would cancel my order if it took as long as the 24 week wait, and just keep what I have. Seemed to spook them a bit. But I suppose time will tell, so come the end of September if there’s no sign of the car, then I’ll pull the plug.

Mad Spoons

Spoons
Jun 27, 2005
Yorkshire
I’ve been chatting to my local dealer to get some pch prices but he wasn’t confident he could get me a decent price. He said seat had pulled all the promotions now.

looks like £2400 deposit and £400 a month for a vz2 310 is the going rate and that’s without metallic paint on a 6+35, 8000 miles a year pch.

He did however say that the supply issues are starting to ease but read into that what you will.

Gordon Blair

May 3, 2020
I’ve been chatting to my local dealer to get some pch prices but he wasn’t confident he could get me a decent price. He said seat had pulled all the promotions now.

looks like £2400 deposit and £400 a month for a vz2 310 is the going rate and that’s without metallic paint on a 6+35, 8000 miles a year pch.

He did however say that the supply issues are starting to ease but read into that what you will.
The dealer that I ordered from said that they had been told that the biggest delays were with new Ateca's, but that Formentors weren't as bad as first feared. But that could be all talk.

Mad Spoons

Spoons
Jun 27, 2005
Yorkshire
Demand is outstripping supply, mainly due to the chip supply issues. I guess they can up the figures to slow sales. I don’t need to order for another couple of months so praying 🙏 the prices come down again.

MrBiggles87

May 20, 2021
Demand is outstripping supply, mainly due to the chip supply issues. I guess they can up the figures to slow sales. I don’t need to order for another couple of months so praying 🙏 the prices come down again.
The prices went up the day after I processed my order... probably the best decision I have made in a long time, my luck is normally awful haha. I dont think I have seen many VZ2 310's at £284 a month. It feels like a bargain now!

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
But it isn't £284 per month, is it? There was some higher upfront to get that low monthly payment.

Better to use total cost of leasing or average per month. Otherwise it looks like a lot of ads : "Only £99 per month!" and then small print: "with £5000 initial payment".

Last edited:

MrBiggles87

May 20, 2021
But it isn't £284 per month, is it? There was some higher upfront to get that low monthly payment.

Better to use total cost of leasing or average per month. Otherwise it looks like a lot of ads : "Only £99 per month!" and then small print: "with £5000 initial payment".
I technically didn't have to pay a deposit (unexpected work bonus), so yes, its actually £284.

CupraNewboy

May 17, 2021
I technically didn't have to pay a deposit (unexpected work bonus), so yes, its actually £284.
These are the figures I got today.

Cupra Formentor VZ2 310 DSG 4Drive – 6 + 35 @ £439.34

Cupra Ateca VZ2 300 DSG 4Drive - 6 + 35 @ £391.88

Cupra Leon VZ3 300 DSG – 6 + 35 @ £390.38
8000 miles per year inc Metallic Paint.
That’s a full £1,300 a year more than I’ll be paying for my Formentor😳. It should work out even less should I go for a contract extension at the end of the 24 month lease.

4Mentor

May 19, 2021
Everyone is entitled to be stupid from time to time, but you abuse that privilege.
Doesnt really work as a comeback when I've replied to you once does it....
I suppose I should reduce my expectations going by the current evidence of your intelligence.

MrBiggles87

May 20, 2021
Seriously, are you going to fight now on the forum? I already reported these posts.
Not at all Agnes, I'm sorry. I wasn't the one who made the snide comment... I thought it was a bit of harmless banter, I didn't expect the toys to get thrown out of the pram.