Formentor service/ Cupra care

jimbobc

May 6, 2021
Hi,

I’m considering signing up for Cupra care on the 2 year plan. However my 2 week old car says the next service is 2 years away or 18k miles. Does that mean my 2 year 2 service plan is really good for 4 years? Also how do I actually buy it? I phoned Letchworth and they said it’s need to be purchased online but the link only allows Seat not Cupra cars. I contacted Cupra UK and they said purchase by the app and that doesn’t work either!

Doogle

Ageing rocker🤟🏻🎸
Nov 25, 2021
Cumbria
Don’t know which model you have but I have the V2 1.5dsg model?
The dealer (or rather the salesman…who shall remain nameless) actually put me off “Cupra Care” due mostly to the way it’s been priced, he said it’s the same price regardless of model, but the pricing is aimed at the higher end Cupras meaning that the “Poverty entry” (Mine) pay the same as a 300bhp one (Which apparently uses expensive oil and sundries on servicing?) so he personally recommended either saving up over the year for the service or taking out a Seat or similar service plan

jimbobc

May 6, 2021
Mine is the 2.0 190bhp but I was assuming a service would be more than £180

Fencer60

Jun 5, 2022
Meon Valley, Hampshire, UK.
Does that mean my 2 year 2 service plan is really good for 4 years?

Not in my experience, no. I think they'll recommend you get a service every year, regardless of the mileage. Certainly that's how it was with my Seat Leon.

I've paid up-front for three years of servicing on my VZ2. It was discounted so long as I sorted it within a few weeks of getting the car. I couldn't do mine online either, I just went into the dealership and sorted it in person.

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
Not in my experience, no. I think they'll recommend you get a service every year, regardless of the mileage. Certainly that's how it was with my Seat Leon.

I've paid up-front for three years of servicing on my VZ2. It was discounted so long as I sorted it within a few weeks of getting the car. I couldn't do mine online either, I just went into the dealership and sorted it in person.
If it's variable servicing then I don't think they'll recommend it annually (i.e. fixed). You just go off what the car says is needed plus anything which is specifically fixed interval such as brake fluid.

That said - for anyone who is leasing, just get it done as seldom as possible and as cheap as possible - so long as the garage uses original parts, is VAT registered and can update the electronic service book then you're good. No point paying through the nose to service someone else's car. I saved hundreds per service on my Merc getting it done independent - gave it back at 2 1/2 years about £1000 better off.

imran999

Mar 20, 2022
my 1.5 is set up for long life service...so roughly a service needed every 18k miles or 2 years which ever is sooner.

Over my 3 years lease, i dont plan on getting a second service done so no need for cupra care.

I had phoned arnold clark in glasgow to enquire on details, but they were not interested once i told them i hadn't bought car from them.

Tormentor

May 3, 2021
Did you get it done?? I'd have sent it in asking for it to be sorted under warranty.
I questioned it and was told “computer says it needs servicing”. The car is on a service plan, so didn’t cost me extra. I’ve been driving 50 years and found it unbelievable. The dealership were no help, just get it done was their advice.

• Angry
Reactions: /dev/null

Mikeyh22

Oct 18, 2014
Bolton
Don’t know which model you have but I have the V2 1.5dsg model?
The dealer (or rather the salesman…who shall remain nameless) actually put me off “Cupra Care” due mostly to the way it’s been priced, he said it’s the same price regardless of model, but the pricing is aimed at the higher end Cupras meaning that the “Poverty entry” (Mine) pay the same as a 300bhp one (Which apparently uses expensive oil and sundries on servicing?) so he personally recommended either saving up over the year for the service or taking out a Seat or similar service plan
Is there different pricing for servicing different Formentor engine sizes? Guess the advantage to taking out a service plan is you spread the cost and you pay the price it is today rather than any increase in service prices In future years.

Doogle

Ageing rocker🤟🏻🎸
Nov 25, 2021
Cumbria
Is there different pricing for servicing different Formentor engine sizes? Guess the advantage to taking out a service plan is you spread the cost and you pay the price it is today rather than any increase in service prices In future years.
As it was explained to me, and my understanding of it, no, the pricing is based on the more powerful Cupra models, this is why the salesman thought it was a bit of a rip off.

Reactions: Mikeyh22

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
Actually, you had me questioning my own sanity, so I checked.

My Leon was on long-life servicing, but because I did hardly any miles during lockdown, I ended up getting it serviced well before the 20k miles were up.
I think the timing interval is still variable though? I.e. it calculates when the service is due, and that could be based on the mileage driven or the elapsed time. Either way, the car should tell you when it's due, not the dealership. Though there's no doubt a bug in that module like there is everything else on this car. 🙄

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.