Formentor VZ3 Alloy Wheel Design Change

DML

Dec 7, 2022
Hello all,

I know specs differ all over the world. I test drove a VZ1 245 and when discussing options I asked about the copper wheels, because they match all the other cupra copper touches and look very nice. I was told they are only available on the top model, so I've ordered a VZ3. I noticed 2 days ago a difference in alloys and wondered when these appeared?

I've been watching YouTube videos + the one I test drove and I thought there was only 1 design of wheel and it comes in silver or copper. I've now noticed what I think will be coming on my vehicle and i was a bit surprised I hadn't noticed them anywhere before. Tbh I like both designs, but just didn't spot it on the configurators until double checking recently. I don't know if I can attach photos but I'm talking about the "new" 10 spoke design as appose to the 5 spoke.

Any info would be great.

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221208_215457.jpg
    Screenshot_20221208_215457.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 101
  • Screenshot_20221208_215517.jpg
    Screenshot_20221208_215517.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 102
  • Screenshot_20221208_215529.jpg
    Screenshot_20221208_215529.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 121

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
Both designs (5 spoke and 10 spoke) exist since launch of the vehicle. I've ordered my 10 spoke one in December 2020 for a 310 VZ.

In my country (Croatia) - 5 spoke copper one was available only if you bought Brembo brakes as well - which I was not interested in. Thus I chose 10 spoke one due to copper accents which match the car as you said.

Honestly - I would prefer 5 spoke design as the 10 spoke design hides the brakes too well - you can't really see discs or calipers and I feel that has some nice touches on Formentor.

Other than that, wheels are fine. Detailer I went to only commented that they are hard to clean due to all surfaces and hard to reach parts.

Also in some countries, 10 spoke one was standard on some variants of the hybrids.

DML

Dec 7, 2022
Both designs (5 spoke and 10 spoke) exist since launch of the vehicle. I've ordered my 10 spoke one in December 2020 for a 310 VZ.

In my country (Croatia) - 5 spoke copper one was available only if you bought Brembo brakes as well - which I was not interested in. Thus I chose 10 spoke one due to copper accents which match the car as you said.

Honestly - I would prefer 5 spoke design as the 10 spoke design hides the brakes too well - you can't really see discs or calipers and I feel that has some nice touches on Formentor.

Other than that, wheels are fine. Detailer I went to only commented that they are hard to clean due to all surfaces and hard to reach parts.

Also in some countries, 10 spoke one was standard on some variants of the hybrids.
Actually I should of mentioned I'm in the UK. Interesting you've seen them since 2020, would be good to see what people say about when they appeared in the UK as an option. I agree they hide the "fancy" brakes I think my model has but not sure if I should change to the 5 spoke design, I don't think they are even an option on the UK configurator on the Cupra site for VZ3...

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
Actually I should of mentioned I'm in the UK. Interesting you've seen them since 2020, would be good to see what people say about when they appeared in the UK as an option. I agree they hide the "fancy" brakes I think my model has but not sure if I should change to the 5 spoke design, I don't think they are even an option on the UK configurator on the Cupra site for VZ3...
If I am not mistaken, they were always on VZ3 in UK.

tetrad

Mar 25, 2021
Yes, the 10 spoke wheels came as standard on my VZ3. I really prefer them over the 5 spoke, but agree more challenging to keep clean.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.