Former member with a story

CupraNath

Aug 6, 2020
Louth, Lincolnshire
Hi everyone, it's been years since I was a member on here so i've had to set up a new account.

I'm Nathan, I'm currently in the process of buying the most special 2008 Leon Cupra on the planet (to me).

I was a bit of a SEAT fanboy when I was younger, my first car in 2005 was a lowly 1 litre 2002 Arosa, a year later I replaced it with a 2005 Ibiza FR (20v turbo version) and then in 2008 I bought my first brand new car, a yellow Leon Cupra, I spec'd the xenons and managed to get the dealer to fit the K1 side skirts and spoiler before I collected it (I wasn't a huge fan of the bumpers of the K1 so I chose to just spec up the bits i wanted rather than just buying a K1, which i believe had only just been released - it may not have even been on the road at the time).

2010 came along and I had to make the decision to sell the car due to an exanding family. So i had to bid a sad farewell as I drove off in a new 3 series estate. I've regretted selling the car ever since.

In 2014 I decided I wanted to get my cupra back, no just any cupra, but my cupra. 6 Long years passed by with me check every classified, every website, every facebook market place etc etc on a weekly basis until last week, a small advert on ebay with no photo. Every rang true, the registration date, the mileage, the optional extras, the colour.

So I contacted the seller, asked about the car, it still sounded absolutely mint from his description and completely unmodified except for a little stage 1 remap. So then I said the number plate to him and low and behold it was my old car.

I am now picking up my old car (hopefully tomorrow) after 10 years of being without it. I can't wait.

I'll add some photos when I get home with it :)

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
That is an ace story! Glad it ended with someone who looked after it as well before coming back to you. Def need to see pics. You planning on doing any further mods on it?

CupraNath

Aug 6, 2020
Louth, Lincolnshire
Cheers guys.

I want to keep it looking exactly the same as when i bought it - there's something about the story and the old pics i have somewhere on old SD cards (pre-smart phone era haha) that make me want to keep it looking the same.

I'm up for some engine stuff, and a modern sound system but ill enjoy it for a few months first - i wasn't expecting to spend any money on a car at the minute so my bank balance has taken a major hit lol.

CupraNath

Aug 6, 2020
Louth, Lincolnshire
These were from 2008, when the car arrived at the dealership, but a couple of days before I officially collected it, they let me take it out for a spin.

1929766_15515030822_2941_n-3.jpg

1929766_15515035822_3658_n.jpg

Reactions: Legojon

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Welcome back to the forum!

Awesome story and the chances of finding your car in great condition is crazy! Hope the purchase goes well! Smiles per mile are going to be high driving it home!

Cheers

Reactions: CupraNath

CupraNath

Aug 6, 2020
Louth, Lincolnshire
Fingers crossed. I'm going again to see it for a final time before collection tomorrow hopefully. The wheels had a tiny bit of curb rash that I wanted sorted. They've been done so im going to check the work. Its amazing that its been living 30 minutes away from me all this time but i had no idea.

Reactions: Jimbobcook

CupraNath

Aug 6, 2020
Louth, Lincolnshire
Just been to see it. Sadly in the process of refurbing the wheels, they've turned black. But I can live with that. The car is mine again!

Attachments

• 116935231_315820466138545_6232507962441295278_n.jpg
    116935231_315820466138545_6232507962441295278_n.jpg
    464.2 KB · Views: 140
Reactions: Hag and Jay5959

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Congrats on the purchase! Black goes with yellow just fine. How was the drive home?

I doubt many people get their old car back 10 years on lol

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
This is a fab story, nearly brought a tear to my eye. Lol
Still looks in great condition, yellow tends to fade so it’s obviously been looked after.
I returned to a mk1 LCR after 12 years away. Even though it wasn’t my old one it still makes me smile, so I’m sure you’ll have many happy memories and future years to enjoy now you’ve got it back.

CupraNath

Aug 6, 2020
Louth, Lincolnshire
Cheers all. Unfortunately I haven't picked it up yet. The air con seemed to not go fully cold whilst i took it out for a spin so I've asked him to get it sorted for me which he's agreed to (its at a garage, I'm not asking some random bloke to do all this lol). Except for one little chip on the door, it is absolutely mint - i'll sort the chip myself, i'm a former detailer so it'll be getting a forensic level detail once I get it back.

Also noticed in the photos i took that the cupra badge has gone off the back. I nearly fell through the floor when i checked on ebay how much they were. £40! seems steep. It also has the normal niggle of a creased seat bolster, probably still one of the better ones compared to alot ive seen but it'll still need sorting if someone can offer advice on that? To be honest, it had started doing it after about 6months old.

But none of that is taking away how overjoyed i am about getting it back!

2.jpg
1.jpg

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
If the rear badge has dropped off... it's mod time!!