Forum meet Trophy - jimbobcook's MK2 Cupra R

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
You going to use the proper speed blue paint?

Deleted member 103408

So that is a Mod with OCD, Color Blindness and a very mean streak.

@Maypack whilst I agree yours is the best color its a MK2 So it has to be Speed Blue just to keep it right.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
So good day today

Got my new wheels on order as the previous ones were discontinued... Happy though as I can now get 19's instead of the previous 18's.

Also got some decals in the making as the current ones are a little too big.

Should be stripping paint next week, this weekend it will be finishing off the interior and splitter.

Still unable to find the Cupra R centre exhausts for this model which is a bummer!

Reactions: Deano j1971

Deano j1971

Jan 5, 2018
So good day today

Got my new wheels on order as the previous ones were discontinued... Happy though as I can now get 19's instead of the previous 18's.

Also got some decals in the making as the current ones are a little too big.

Should be stripping paint next week, this weekend it will be finishing off the interior and splitter.

Still unable to find the Cupra R centre exhausts for this model which is a bummer!

As you know I’m not a Mk2 man but I’ve been following this thread and I think what you are doing is fantastic but,me thinks it needs a rear spoiler extension to go with the front splitter. I’m sure the new owner who ever that maybe would want that don’t you....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
As you know I’m not a Mk2 man but I’ve been following this thread and I think what you are doing is fantastic but,me thinks it needs a rear spoiler extension to go with the front splitter. I’m sure the new owner who ever that maybe would want that don’t you....

I like your thinking but I'm not sure I will be able to find one that fits this model lol Maybe I can make one from scratch but that's alot of filling and cutting to get that right haha

Reactions: Deano j1971

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
i need to find a mk4 ibiza model i can spray the same colour as my car. im in love with this idea! its so creative
You haven't seen the finished model yet haha if your car has custom stuff I wouldn't recommend it unless you have lots of time and spare plastic lol I seem to have both...

Reactions: kanyewest

kanyewest

Oct 4, 2018
NW
You haven't seen the finished model yet haha if your car has custom stuff I wouldn't recommend it unless you have lots of time and spare plastic lol I seem to have both...
unfortunately im not brave enough to drill a front splitter to my car! the only mods ill probably do to my car are wind deflectors :'(

im looking forward to seeing how you manage this centre exhaust tho. and youre right, ive not seen the finished model and im already jealous of whomever will win this!

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
unfortunately im not brave enough to drill a front splitter to my car! the only mods ill probably do to my car are wind deflectors :'(

im looking forward to seeing how you manage this centre exhaust tho. and youre right, ive not seen the finished model and im already jealous of whomever will win this!
As you mention the exhaust I have just found one lol so that's on order... it's going to be like Christmas soon haha

Get a splitter and take it to your local garage like I did, they will fit it for you

So on order or will be making myself...

19 inch rims with tyres + brakes
Cupra R centre Exhuast
Intercooler
Rear spoiler
Forum decals

Any other ideas welcome

Reactions: kanyewest

Deleted member 103408

Do you need to darken the windows at the back (got to keep it street legal) and how about some tints for the front and rear lights.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Do you need to darken the windows at the back (got to keep it street legal) and how about some tints for the front and rear lights.
Good shout, I can do that quite easily I think.

I did go big and think about getting an LED under the bonnet to show through the front lights but I didn't know how get it to go off and on lol

Deano j1971

Jan 5, 2018
As you mention the exhaust I have just found one lol so that's on order... it's going to be like Christmas soon haha

Get a splitter and take it to your local garage like I did, they will fit it for you

Cupra R centre Exhuast
Intercooler
Rear spoiler
Forum decals

Any other ideas welcome

Maybe the CUPRA sign and the two “S”badges should be sprayed black or plastidip or wrapped.....

kanyewest

Oct 4, 2018
NW

Cupra R centre Exhuast
Intercooler
Rear spoiler
Forum decals

Any other ideas welcome
good idea about taking it to a garage, no idea why i didnt think of it. guess my scale model car is gonna get fiddly. where did you get the splitter from out of curiosity? please keep this thread updated, really excited to see how each of these items make the finished product look

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
good idea about taking it to a garage, no idea why i didnt think of it. guess my scale model car is gonna get fiddly. where did you get the splitter from out of curiosity? please keep this thread updated, really excited to see how each of these items make the finished product look
Yeah they charged me £20 to fit my splitter but they did take the bumper off to make sure it was straight which was nice...

As for this car, the splitter I made myself from an old phone case then just cut to shape and filled it to within an inch of its life lol looking to do the Same for the spoiler

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.