FR carpet mat set

serdar_18fr

May 29, 2021
Hello everybody,

As the first arrival of my accessories order, the carpet mat set is here.
I was expecting a carpet made of fabric as I'm used to have in my old car, but these look completely synthetic.
Maybe it is better in terms of durability and washability, I guess time will tell.
Red banding and stitching are very nice, though it would be nicer to have a visible FR logo woven on the mat, instead of a small label.

Anyway, I'm happy to be able to get rid of the rubber ones after just three weeks of ownership :)

Now waiting for the pedal set and footrest. I'm hoping that those will create a sportier look along with the new mats on my side of footwell.

Cheers,
Serdar

DSC_1383.JPG

DSC_1384.JPG

DSC_1385.JPG

DSC_1386.JPG

DSC_1387.JPG

DSC_1388.JPG

dronners

Aug 18, 2014
seems like you were lucky to get those. i tried getting hold of a set here in the UK from a couple of the well know seat parts companies. was told each time that seat have discontinued these in right hand drive anyway

Reactions: serdar_18fr

serdar_18fr

May 29, 2021
seems like you were lucky to get those. i tried getting hold of a set here in the UK from a couple of the well know seat parts companies. was told each time that seat have discontinued these in right hand drive anyway

Concerning the original accessories, in long years of my car ownership history I hit that wall a lot of times with a lot of different manufacturers. I always hated that. But there are times I have used unconventional means to get what I wanted and succeeded. In this case, I see the website address of the Spanish company which manufactures the mats, on the product label as www.idesa.es . Maybe you can try to contact and ask them. Wish you best of luck (y)

Don1961

Apr 11, 2019
I've fitted some of these.....

No FR badge, but red trim goes well with red stitching and ambient lighting

dronners

Aug 18, 2014
I've fitted some of these.....

No FR badge, but red trim goes well with red stitching and ambient lighting
i picked up the genuine ones with leon embossed in the drivers carpet in the end. still has red stitching which nicely matches the seats and steering wheel

serdar_18fr

May 29, 2021

Another sad ending to an accessories order :

After two weeks of waiting, dealer called to tell me that they couldn't get any information about the footrest. They just don't know whether any of the parts warehouses has it in stock, whether the product has reached end of life, whether they could get it manufactured or not. So we had to drop that item from my order. In the meantime, the item is still advertised in corporate websites, as if one can easily go and buy it somewhere.

Great parts management system, SEAT!

rafletcher

Feb 18, 2021
I know you've got yours, but for others in the UK Autostyle still prodice all the Leon carpets (and many many others). They'll also add a logo of your choice, instead of the cheap lables now favoured by SEAT.