FR Problem already

h34ds

Jul 6, 2008
DONCASTER
Problem is now you have paid you have lost!

I hate garages who just make up utter :censored:

My mum got given a 05 civic 2 years ago when her uncle could no longer drive. There was a problemwith the electric steering.

The reply by the technician was "Well there tested underwater and so there cant be anything wrong with it" ..... They must all go to the same place for training.

There imaginations are awesome tho!

h34ds

Jul 6, 2008
DONCASTER
I meant the steering rack not the whole car, but it wouldn't suprise me!

I ve heard all sorts when cars have gone in with issues or when you go to look at a new car and they try telling you stuff thay have no idea about

Araf

Jun 28, 2010
West Yorkshire
well im still waiting for my Bocanegra to be fixed, its at the the main dealers, they keep telling me that they are only half way in diagnosing the fault, tell you the truth i dont think they know what the fault is.

Dec 3, 2009
Tbh! Tsi engine is pretty new for Seat to use. I would personally went to VW garage to get a second view.

Blakrover

Apr 28, 2010
Preston/Wigan
All new SEAT vehicles purchased from an authorised SEAT dealer in the United Kingdom qualify for a three-year vehicle warranty consisting of a two-year unlimited mileage manufacturer's warranty and a third year warranty with a 60,000 miles limitation.

Should a defect in manufacture or workmanship occur with your vehicle during the warranty period, a member of the SEAT authorised service network (whether or not they were the original supplying dealer) will carry out any remedial work that is required under the warranty free of charge.

The only preconditions are:

Any part that is replaced becomes the property of SEAT. The replaced parts are covered for the unexpired period of the warranty.

Normal wear and tear service items are excluded from the warranty cover.

Routine maintenance and servicing is not covered by the warranty. Incidental or consequential losses such as hotel charges, car hire, and loss of personal effects or income are not recoverable under the terms of the warranty.

Tyres are subject to the warranty applied by the tyre manufacturer and claims for these should be addressed through an authorised agent of the relevant manufacturer.

If you have modified the vehicle by the addition of accessories or other equipment, you may be charged for the removal of such equipment if so required to affect a repair.

The warranty is not affected by any change of ownership of the vehicle.

I have taken this from seat.co.uk

I don't have a mk5 so I don't have a copy of the warranty, but are spark plugs listed as a "Normal wear and tear" item?

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
I'd say they are a wear and tear item as they do need to be replaced periodically.

however less than a year from a set of spark plugs would suggest that there was a fault present from manufacturing so should be covered under warranty

h34ds

Jul 6, 2008
DONCASTER
I would agree, spark plugs should last more than a few thousand miles. They can get knackered if you steam clean the engine bay or the plugs weren't fitted correctly

Araf

Jun 28, 2010
West Yorkshire
i purchased the car from Gloucecter, it was an ex demo, i will give them a call to let them know what has happened & ask them for some advice.

AJD851

wow loads of replys to this since i last checked, to be honest i feel let down by seat headoffice, they said they would not discuss the problem untill they spoke to the garage, however once they had phoned they were "convinced" the manager "knew his petrol grades" and as far as they were concrened spark plugs were a "serviceable part" which had to be paid for. Gutted really, had me over a barrel what else can i say when even SEAT wont back me up..

AJD851

I can't believe you've paid to have this work done.
Thats something thats failed within a year through no fault of your own.
You've just been ripped off, Super Unleaded is ABOVE 95 Ron.

95 Ron is the standard british fuel, you could get it at morrisons.
They've ripped you off, Don't just bend over and take it they've screwed you

When i challenged him on this i was told "not all fuel in the uk is 95ron it can between 92-95" thus you need to use super to "be safe". The person at SEAT also quoted me this although i think they were just quoting that from the service mgr.

Dec 3, 2009
That's alot of BS! So ur psaying that my dads 3L v6 diesel, he should put v power diesel in it rather than normal diesel? Also, when I first got my fr I started putting in normal unleaded but 3 months later I started using super unleaded, this wasn't recommended by the dealer nor the fuel cap...

Like i said before go see vw techs they know the engines more than seat.

Wow u live Scotland good stuff!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.