FR Problem already

AJD851

Pssh thats me £111 lighter for some new spark plugs and hours labour :censored::censored::censored::censored: atleast its goes like it should again...:lol:

AJD851

phoned up seat headoffice "customer care line" who sided with the garage after there technician phoned the service manager

Araf

Jun 28, 2010
West Yorkshire
Thats a shame you had to pay for them, How come the warranty didnt cover everything? the car is not 3 years old & surley the spark plugs shouldnt go that quick.

AJD851

il post a pic of my fuel cap up as soon as i get to 15 posts...:D

Dec 3, 2009
Tbh I would bought different sparkplugs than the ones they are using! It might happen again?

Dec 3, 2009
Lol I just checked mine! Same as yours but that's recommend tho says in the manual page 174..

CJRamze

Proud Seat Owner
Jun 29, 2008
Caldicot, South Wales
I can't believe you've paid to have this work done.
Thats something thats failed within a year through no fault of your own.
You've just been ripped off, Super Unleaded is ABOVE 95 Ron.

95 Ron is the standard british fuel, you could get it at morrisons.
They've ripped you off, Don't just bend over and take it they've screwed you

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
So so bad! Can't believe that Seat Head Office sided with them as well. I bet 50% or more of the people with TSI engines on this forum use 95 ron. You are the FIRST person to have spark plugs go due to this “make believe” problem. Absolute rubbish! This has made me furious TBH. I'm sure you'd just want to get on with things but I’d be kicking off BIG time if this was me. My guess is that fuel was not the cause (unless it was a problem with the fuel at the Stations end) and it was ether a) faulty plugs or b) something else and it will happen again. If this is the case I would be perusing the £111 back and then some!

really dont understand how the sticker can say 95RON (Normal petrol) but they say super premium right next to it? checked mine and its the same! i've only ever put V-Power in my car, scared to put normal in now! lol.... get Trading standards involved... they are taking you for a ride!!

Adam R

Diesel ISN'T a Dirty word
Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent
i honestly cant belive you have paid them your £111 for fitting a few spark plugs!!!

Did you do what i say and get hold of the old ones?

again.. the sale of goods act comes in again..... i would not consider having to replace the spark plugs so early a 'normal' thing and would expect the dealer to pay full cost.

h34ds

Jul 6, 2008
DONCASTER
You must be crazy to pay. I would have laughed in their face and told em to keep the car, what utter crap! And 4 plugs for 90 quid wow.

Name and shame them!!!!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members