FR seat creaking

Joe184

Dec 2, 2018
Does anyone elses driver seat creak (RHD) - especially when cold.

Seems to be the on the right hand side near where the back arch lever is.

Really annoying when getting in the car and the seat creaks!!!

Reactions: MXP2090

Peller

Mar 29, 2016
Edinburgh
Does anyone elses driver seat creak (RHD) - especially when cold.

Seems to be the on the right hand side near where the back arch lever is.

Really annoying when getting in the car and the seat creaks!!!
My driver seat in my 10 month old Cupra started creaking a few months ago. I did cut down on the pies but the creak is still present

It's a little annoying but just holding out until the upcoming service then will have the dealer look at it.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Steve J

May 26, 2019
I've personally not had this at all. Almost two years now not a single creak from the seat

Deleted member 103408

There used to be an issue where the plastic on the side of the seat. you just had to put something in between them noise stopped.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
@Joe184; sometimes, making a very small adjustment to the seat position (raise or lower the seat cushion slightly or alter the angle of the back rest a little) will stop seat creaking noises. No guarantee it’ll work, but worth a try.

Yern

Apr 25, 2019
There used to be an issue where the plastic on the side of the seat. you just had to put something in between them noise stopped.
......like your body!

No creak from my FR seats but the bad creak/rattle from the interior lamp panel/LH sunvisor area was fixed. Took it into dealer who (on removing the interior light panel) found the screw that dropped on the floor was a bit of a give away, the panel was not secured properly. Refit and tighten and now all quiet. Thank god for that the radio was beginning to deafen me :headhurt:

Deleted member 103408

......like your body!

No creak from my FR seats but the bad creak/rattle from the interior lamp panel/LH sunvisor area was fixed. Took it into dealer who (on removing the interior light panel) found the screw that dropped on the floor was a bit of a give away, the panel was not secured properly. Refit and tighten and now all quiet. Thank god for that the radio was beginning to deafen me :headhurt:

No its the body causing the problem :)
I have never had the problem but there are post's on here when people put some tape between the plastic and the seat.

HighFlyingBird

2016 Leon FR 1.4 150 in Chilli Red 2019 - 2020
Jan 15, 2019
Leeds
No seat creaks in my '16 FR with the half leather/half fabric seats. I've noticed that there's some fabric on the seat belt connector where it meets the centre console, maybe your noise is coming from there?

Rog.

...is unwell
Jul 19, 2006
Location Location
The driver's seat on my 18 reg FR creaks...a lot. Sounds like a rusty hinge or knackered spring or something, I thought it was coming from the left hand side, but can't find anything obvious.
Never had this problem with the previous one (a 65 plate FR). It's going back in March, so I'll just turn the radio up until then.

thebrief1979

Dec 1, 2017
Worcester
Mine was recalled by the dealership and it seems they put felt pads round the plastic base to stop it creaking.

I can only assume it’s a known issue as I didn’t complain about a creaking seat ( no pies) but they did it anyway