fr tdi, boost pipe part numbers & advice

mymorph

Feb 21, 2005
wolves
im tempted to try a quality 'bodge' but ideally to do this would require removing the SMIC and im not sure ive got the time tobe honest and for that trouble id be just as well togo FMIC.

guess ill have to bit the bullet and get the wallet out. so will probably get the full kit from SFS if i can badger them down on price. if they dont move much on £s ill get the samco kit which can be had from awesome. my top pipes are loosing a little boost anyway with the tell tale oil seepage. just need to think what colour, samco got a good choice to choose from. which ill remind SFS about when i ring em monday.

dErZ

Jan 29, 2008
Surrey
Its actually really easy t remove the smic, bumper and then inner arch. 20 mins.. it took me ages the first time as I didnt take the front bumper off so i couldnt get to the connector on the top of the smic. Give the bodge a go first ;)

I think I have issues with the pipes coming from the turbo... are you running a boost gauge?

mymorph

Feb 21, 2005
wolves
im tempted. thinking about drilling & tapping 3 small holes and using some stainless grub screws to screw down onto the alloy pipe.

i think the problem might be aggravated by tired engine mounts??

no boost gauge at present, would like to fit one for diagnostics only really. can it be done through the obdII ? i think so..

dErZ

Jan 29, 2008
Surrey
Big Jase from briskoda swears by 4 * large self tapers http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/202251-cheap-aftermarket-boost-pipes/page__hl__boost+pipe and havent looked into this yet but need to find out which tapers were used as alot of the chaps on the Skoda site swear by them its worth trying it as tapers are going to be pence where as these stupid pipes are mega bucks! I think you seriously have to forward plan, if your keeping the car for a long time then it might be cheaper to just by a FMIC circa £500 with pipes from forge.

As for VAG I havent played with it enough to know if there is a psi/bar section, there are lots of different logging you can do but i dont remember seeing a pressure log.

My car has 88000 on so im sure the engine mounts are tired :( as are alot of bits on it now but shes still going strong ;)

I fitted a gauge the other day gonna put a post up to ask some questions...

dErZ

Jan 29, 2008
Surrey
Just found this.

"If you have no guage, you need to go out with someone with vagcom and log group 11 in the engine section to see the requested VS actual manifold pressure"

mymorph

Feb 21, 2005
wolves
'bodge force' in progress. popped off again today and the wifey is getting annoyed.

id already spent the morning fitting electronic ignition on my V8 - then broke down a few miles from safety. bloody rotor sheared the the wire the clean through. anyway got home then bodged the pipe on with a self tapper. floored the pedal and all good. so took for a spin, feels alot better. fingers crossed.

my top hoses look pretty poor too. so im thinking FMIC and do a way with the lot.

alexbailey12

May 12, 2011
That is such a pisser! if you speak to David at Sere in the Stealers section his OE pipe is £85.

Its a bit of a joke as the billet ends are like £25 so cant see why the pipe is so much!!!

What you gonna do?

where can you just get the billet ends?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise