FR TDI DSG or Manual

southyjd

Hey,

I am buying a FR TDI but i am unsure about one thing. To get a DSG or Manual. Any problems with either? Also does anyone regret getting one?

Currently driving a Golf Slomotion so i know its gonna be different......mainly the mpg!!

Chris

yogi896

I test drove a manual and DSG when buying my wifes 140 TDi and prefered the DSG. Never regreted the choice it is a brilliant box.

Hugo Nebula

Dec 7, 2007
Manchester
The DSG is the reason I bought my FR (my first Leon) & my Stylance (when some scrotes took a liking to my FR[:@]). I wouldn't go back to a manual now.

My previous DSG box (and ones on test drives) have been fine, but this one has a slightly jerky gearchange at low speeds when warm, which could be a common problem. If you're in a position to test drive the car you're buying, run it until at full temperature, then drive slowly with very little gas (as in heavy traffic).

southyjd

Cheers for the reply's.

I am goin to the Gloucester dealer tomorrow for 1 more test drive. Will be in a manual tho :(

Any1 had good/bad experiences there?

Basically looking to buy this week.

southyjd

Hmmm buy one then remap then see what happens, still probably kick my ass.

Did love the car last night. Its not DPF. Comes with the ipod pack. 30k on clock they want 12.5k for it. will throw tax in too.

Not too sure tho. As soon as we got out the garage and onto the road he just booted it, all i thought was "dont you wanna let it warm up a bit first"

He wouldnt move on the price and said it had already been brought down.....does that mean every other one with same millage etc has been discounted too??? Doubt it.

Rang the dealer in MK asked what they had in and asked if what they had was DPF.......he didnt know what DPF was!

Whats Bristol or Brum like for dealers?

OLDOILER

Jul 28, 2005
Wiltshire, UK
Hmmm buy one then remap then see what happens, still probably kick my ass.

Whats Bristol or Brum like for dealers?
Bristol Seat was OK, but the original staff have gone [ who were more switched on to our thoughts!!] give them a try or Chippenham Motors [ These were the bristol guys came from] they have some deals too.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.