FR TSI just put my name down!!!

Klang J

Apr 15, 2006
Just put my name changed down for the FR DSG. I have a FR 1.8T anyone changed like like this? how do u like urs

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
Went from a mk4 cupra tdi (200BHP) to the mk5 Cupra (Boc). Obviously the power delivery is very different from diesel to petrol but the 180PS Boc is easily as fast in a strait line as the old cupra and would annihilate it on the twisties. The mk5 handles so much better as standard and is also of a much higher quality.

Klang J

Apr 15, 2006
Nosie wise how do you find it. I quite like the burble of the exhaust on the old FR when illdling and driving in 2nd and holding it at around 4000 revs

MacFever

Nov 30, 2009
Brussels
My former car was a diesel Beetle with dsg and 192 hp/415 nm
I now have a FR with 210 hp/290 nm
They are 2 very different beasts : the diesel is like an all or nothing car, a lot of torque
The FR is much more linear and keeps going to 6500 rpm
I prefer the petrol FR :p

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
The FR 1.4TSi does not sound as good as the Cupra 1.4TSi IMO but apparently this is just an amplifier on the cupra so this could be turned up on the FR or add an aftermarket exhaust.

In general the 1.8 20VT sounds better than the 1.4TSi but.. the supercharger whine below 3500rpm is really cool. Get them windows wound down now we’re having some sun!

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
Hard to explain as you have to witness it. Do a youtube search for "Bocanaegra Sound" there is a clip on there.

I have driven both BTW.

Octane2097

Naturally Aspirated
Jan 20, 2007
South Yorkshire
went from a MK4 TDI fr to a MK5 TSI fr lol
same colour and everything lol!

i think the FR sounds well naughty wen you give it the beans
everyone i know on my street say they can tell when im comming home cus they cn hear the supercharger!

havnt heard the cupra apart from youtube videos, but they never do justice
even somthing like a mustang on a youtube video just sounds like a saxo with a big exhuast
id never go off what you hear off the net, best bet is listen to the real thing.

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
Yeah off round abouts etc the supercharger sounds quality. Shame it cuts out after 3500rpm.

I want to hear mine from outside the car.. but that means giving someone else a go.. :(

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.