FR+ Values

halo25

Jan 10, 2006
Hi guys,

Whilst totally delighted with my FR+ I have a suspicion a new house is going to be on the cards within the next 6 months.

This means it will have to go, which is fine but if im selling soon how the hell do I value it ??

Full price its £16,200...and I see alot on the autotrader around 13k-14k mark...any thoughts on a 05 FR+ with under 5k?

paul h

Dec 22, 2005
Lincoln
hard to value as seat had there big idea to slash prices just before xmas :( i think the lcr was 15500 and the fr was 13500

halo25

Jan 10, 2006
Yeah thats what I mean, having taken advantage of that im now confused :(

Other than trying to persuade the other half to stay put :)

SmartyFR

Leon Fr 1.8 20VT
Dec 6, 2005
I paid £12250 for a brand new 55 FR 1.8 20VT with 17'' replica r wheels

sicasey

FR Derv Power
Jul 24, 2005
Cheshire
Thats why i have just got rid of FR TDi 54 plate with 18K on the clock. I was too scared as to what the value of it would be when the new FR TDi comes out. Some garages where offering me a very scary 10K for it but i managed to get £12.5k for it against a Golf GT TDi. My advice is to sell ASAP to avoid being very out of pocket. Things have moved on considerably as good as the Leon MK1 is and so used price will suffered.

paul h

Dec 22, 2005
Lincoln
dealers are still selling them for good m oney though.and 2nd hand prices don't seem to have dropped that much

halo25

Jan 10, 2006
Im not really falling into the sell now because values are going to plummet trap sorry I dont buy it...

Especially when as mentioned above dealers are selling 2nd hand tdi FR's for 14k!

I think it will have to go up on the middle range between low on the autotrader and high when the time comes !

Thanks for the responses though

sicasey

FR Derv Power
Jul 24, 2005
Cheshire
Err well really, it is going to happen in the next couple of months. Many experts are saying it and it goes without saying - when a new model comes out it nails the prices of the previous one, this is especially the case with lesser brands like Seat/Skoda etc.

LEON_FR

Rich Full Member
Jul 9, 2005
Stoke on Trent
To be honest im not really botherd about the resale value of the car as i and i guess 99% of us here knew that the new leon would be cumin out soon after.
Hence why we got the 0% finance deals/free extras/lcr kits...
All i know is im happy with the FR, and dont get my wrong i would much prefer if the car kept its value but its fair to say u always lose money on a new car!
So might aswell enjoy it while you got it and worrie about the resale price when you come to sell it!!

halo25

Jan 10, 2006
sicasey said:
Err well really, it is going to happen in the next couple of months. Many experts are saying it and it goes without saying - when a new model comes out it nails the prices of the previous one, this is especially the case with lesser brands like Seat/Skoda etc.

Yes mate the world is going to fall apart in a couple of months :blink:

I chose a new car and know I will lose money on it - but its not like its going to turn into a 10p car overnight :happy:

Its down to the market - and experts or not market forces will dictate and what the buyer can afford at the time.

If new models out of their price range but they have 12k in their pocket then they can either wait or buy the older model...so IMHO 2nd values wont necessarily drop like a stone all of a sudden

Last edited:

Snoopcousins

Working the Guns!
Mar 18, 2005
Bangor
I have just bought a Leon FR TDI ex demo with 5k miles with the Cupra R bumpers and 17" Cupra R wheels for 12,800 in Belfast.

I was lucky to find it coz I had a small deposit down on a FR TDI with 7k miles but no Cupra R bumpers/alloys which i was going to buy for 12,900 :think:

I am absolutely over the moon as I was exited at getting the other FR even without the FR+ extra stuff but now i think I have got a great deal....:clap:

The only thing is this one ive got is Red while the other was my preference of platinum grey. Saying that red has grown on me a lot now and i think it looks better and maybe a bit more rare....

sicasey

FR Derv Power
Jul 24, 2005
Cheshire
I was looking to change my FR TDi for 3 months i went to many many garages ford/renauly/audi/VW etc and 90% of them offered by no more than a shocking £9.5K for my MINT late 54plate 18K miles with changer etc. Bear in mind i paid £14.6K last August that is a huge loss if i had kept it until the end of the year it would have leveled out to about £8.5-9K or worse. Seat's notriously loose money as they are regarded less than Audi/VW etc. Dont get me wrong i loved my FR TDi but it was a solid financial move to get rid of it i know it wouldnt suddenly become worth 10p but in a years time who is going to want 1998 technology and pay top dollar? I value my driving experience AND bank balance to highly.

halo25

Jan 10, 2006
sicasey said:
I was looking to change my FR TDi for 3 months i went to many many garages ford/renauly/audi/VW etc
Ok fair enough you had a bad experience when trade in time came. But IMHO this is your experience and not necessarily the true state of the market.

What did you get instead BTW?

I had the same experience with my Mk4 Golf and SEAT were the only ones who gave me true market value for the car come chop in time, it was terrible getting some of the joke values I was quoted trade in :confused:

Dont get me wrong I think you have a point that SEAT isnt going to hold its value as well as VW/Audi :( but then I also think that the FR+ TDI will fare well up here as everyone does big miles up here and TDI's are sought after...

The problem is that its a bit of a niche market and 2nd hand buyers are likely to check out forums as a source of advice (after magazines etc.) - thus these conversations become a source of "information" rather than conversation :headhurt:

sicasey

FR Derv Power
Jul 24, 2005
Cheshire
I bought a 3 door MK5 Golf GT TDi with all the toys. I got 12.5K against it so i was more than happy! MK4 GT TDi's are still holding their money well, i have just been done over too many times with car choices i dont want it to happen to badly again. Plus i wanted the qaulity that i just didnt get with the Leon, the engine is a peach but thats where it stopped for me )-:

halo25

Jan 10, 2006
I would agree with you there mate - TBH I miss the MK4 gt tdi I had...it had a couple of wee rattles that I sorted...but it was a solid bit of kit...the LEON TDI FR is all about the engine for me too...

The SEAT has had all that sorted but my first few weeks were not as expected.

MK5 GT TDI is cracking car mate :) - I wanted one but got car sick driving it :help: .........and I didnt get along with the civic so was a bit stuck !

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.