FR170 v TFSi FR

Ok so i'm being lazy, but what can you get the best discounts on, the petrol or the diesel ? I've been quoted a good price by simon @ Autovogue but since getting home I've been thinking about the petrol version. I've just worked out that I've averaged 15k in my Golf so am right on the verge of diesel being best, but if someone can convince me I might go down the FR DSG route if I can pick one up cheaper than the diesel.

I'm working on 35mpg for the derv and 28 mpg for the DSG, is the servicing the same cost and mileage and what is the residual like on the petrol ? I would search but have a spreadsheet open compiling figures - and by my own admission I'm being lazy ! Oh and what happens to the mpg on the petrol when rempped ? better or worse if driven the same way ??

Thanks

MikeShaw100

Leon FR - White Lightning
Aug 7, 2007
Wakefield
me too...

I had the same dilema in September and decided on the FRTDi [my first derv]. Three months on i have no regrets, average mpg at 6k is 38.5 [thats with a heavy foot at times], steady 75 mile runs have seen a return of 47mpg and when on country roads havin some fun, the torque is brutal.

Got mine also from Simon at Autoworld and service has been superb.

best of luck
Mike
57FRTDi, Chrono, 18”, bt, armrest, alu trim, muddies n mats..

SEATcarsdirect.co.uk

0% finance is still availible on the petrol models of the FR

and i can also sort you out a very good deal

Irfan

SEATcarsdirect.co.uk

Steve

Lee will give you a ring shortly and run you through everything

Irfan

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.