Friendly car group?

Katy merison

Apr 17, 2019
Oxfordshire
Hey all!

I picked up my seat Leon fr 1.8 tsi dsg on Sunday and absolutely love it so far!

I traded in my ds3 cabriolet which was nothing but trouble from the start and the drive is so much nicer in the Seat! They did have a club shop with stickers and other bits does this club have this kind of thing at all?

Is there anything I should keep an eye out for/be aware of?

What mods does everyone have? Recommendations and pictures pleaseee?

Thank you

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Hi and welcome. We sure do have stickers LOL:
https://www.seatcupra.net/index.php/store/

And there's a meet in Doncaster on 28th of this month if your around. As for mods, I have an older MK2. But there's loads on here. Check out the MK3 Leon and readers ride section for ideas. Also depends on whether your looking for performance, cosmetic or even just cleaning. There's something for everyone.

Katy merison

Apr 17, 2019
Oxfordshire

And there's a meet in Doncaster on 28th of this month if your around. As for mods, I have an older MK2. But there's loads on here. Check out the MK3 Leon and readers ride section for ideas. Also depends on whether your looking for performance, cosmetic or even just cleaning. There's something for everyone.
Hey! Thanks for the reply!

I might need a while to decide which ones to go for there since we’re spoilt for choice - I’ll have to think about that one also, where’s the oil slick?!

I have seen that there’s a meet is it trax? I can imagine my friendship group will be going as they’re all car enthusiasts. Unfortunately for them I’m the only Seat owner in the group so will have to ditch them all haha.

Sounds good though, I do need to have a look through I’m sure there’s plenty of info on here already regarding mods!

Katy merison

Apr 17, 2019
Oxfordshire

Just noticed the date you said was way out to be trax do you have any more info on this Doncaster meet?

Deleted member 103408

Welcome to the forum, Doncaster meet you can get details here but it is only for SCN Members.

We also have a few guys going to the the North East auto show but I think thats closed now.

If you come to Doncaster you will meet lots of guys and gals who can bore you to death about mods (of all sorts) and see some real world examples.]

Enjoy the car they are great fun.

Reactions: Katy merison

Katy merison

Apr 17, 2019
Oxfordshire
Welcome to the forum, Doncaster meet you can get details here but it is only for SCN Members.

We also have a few guys going to the the North East auto show but I think thats closed now.

If you come to Doncaster you will meet lots of guys and gals who can bore you to death about mods (of all sorts) and see some real world examples.]

Enjoy the car they are great fun.

Hey!

Thanks for the info! Sounds good to me I’ll deffo have to look into that! Do you guys hold a lot of meets?

Deleted member 103408

Historically yes but of recent no, but we are all trying to get more people along. There is always a yearly meet, and so far this year we have done Blackpool and now Doncaster plus the North East show, We also have a few guys who meet up because we are in the area and our track day crew is small but expanding.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
and so far this year we have done Blackpool and now Doncaster plus the North East show

Was Castleton this year or last year? I want to go back there at some point. If only to find part of my wheel arch I lost on the country roads leading up to it!!

Reactions: Yellow fr

Deleted member 103408

Castleton was last year but I agree I want to go back there as well but for different reasons.

Reactions: Yellow fr

bigT's lcr

Delete. Beat. Repeat...
Feb 27, 2016
Leeds
Hello and welcome to the forum. What colouris your leon? How are you liking the dsg, i loved it in my last car but ive gone old school now lol:drive1:

Katy merison

Apr 17, 2019
Oxfordshire
Hello and welcome to the forum. What colouris your leon? How are you liking the dsg, i loved it in my last car but ive gone old school now lol:drive1:
Hey! Mines black, what about you? I’m loving it to be honest. Much prefer the auto over my manual and the paddles are really fun to use!

bigT's lcr

Delete. Beat. Repeat...
Feb 27, 2016
Leeds
Ha ha an exhaust is a definite must! Are you thinking of a colour scheme or maybe a front splitter?

Katy merison

Apr 17, 2019
Oxfordshire
Cool, just be wary of speed bumps with the splitters:cry: Are you coming to the doncaster meet?
I’m bound to forget and break it I’m sure. I don’t think I’ll make it as it’s a bit short notice and I’m trying to save as I’m going to the Isle of Wight for the ford takeover next month

bigT's lcr

Delete. Beat. Repeat...
Feb 27, 2016
Leeds
I’m bound to forget and break it I’m sure. I don’t think I’ll make it as it’s a bit short notice and I’m trying to save as I’m going to the Isle of Wight for the ford takeover next month
I need a new splitter lol... ah shame, maybe see you at the national meet.

Reactions: Katy merison
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.