From NL - Seat Leon 2.0 TDI (140)

Wheakau

Hello there,

I have bought my 2007 Seat Leon 2.0 TDI (140 bhp) with DSG about 4 months ago. Millage stands at 110k (KM)

I loved this car from the first glance and decided to go for it's design and better performance than equally priced Golfs or A3s.

So far I had plenty of small troubles and that it is a major downer as I was hoping for VW build quality. Cant really say yet whether it's common in all Leons or it's just my car.

Therefore, to find that out I joined the forum!

Problems in 4 months (luckily everything was covered by dealership warranty which expires in 2 months):

1) Car went into limp mode when accelerating fast - Apparently widespread issue in all VW TDI's. Dealership put new turbo, problem solved.

2) Strong vibration in front wheels at about 60-80 km/h - This started to happen after 2 months approx. Dealership mechanic said front axle was gone and had to put new one. Told me it was my fault and I shouldn't have drove it so hard. I wasn't really. This came up after a 3000 KM trip to Hungary. However I did not push the car or anything. Normal fast driving on German, Austrian and Hungarian autobahns. Hence, I am sure the axle was in poor shape before I bought the car. Anyhow, it's under warranty and it was their headache.

3) Strong smell of burnt diesel inside the car - Fuel pump was leaking diesel on the hot engine. Dealership replaced the pump, problem solved.

4) Climate Control cannot keep the set temperature at high speeds (130 km/h+) - I noticed this when driving in Germany on the autobahn. I set the cruise control on 140 and was going nicely for about 1.5 hours. After approx 40 minutes the temperature inside starts falling. You could really feel it as it was 0 outside. Had to set higher temp on the climate control unit and lower the fan. This helped but still couldn't bring the temp up to the set 23 degrees. Dealership said they cannot find anything wrong with it and therefore cannot fix this one.

5) Very poor soundproofing - The soundproofing is terrible! I am not sure if it's a common thing in all 2007 Leons but I am quite sure it's not. I was driving a 2002 Fiat Panda the other day and its soundproofing was better.. This leads me to believe that the soundproofing in my Leon was impaired by something. What could that possible be, I don't know. Dealership said the warranty doesn't cover this one so I am thinking of paying myself before me and the missus go death.

P.S. Will post some pics after 15th post

Last edited by a moderator:

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
Welcome to the forum.

Wow, seems like you god a bad apple out of the tree. That's a lot of faults on the car.
Only few of us see that many big things in a row, unless your name is Kaza ;)

In any case, hopefully most of your probs are resolved now

Once you have 15 posts / 15 days and can post pics and vids Im sure we can tell you what's normal and not with regards to the soundproofing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Wheakau

*before me and the missus go deaf. (Not death.. That sounds quite terrible!)

Yeah I feared that it will turn out to be a lemon..

So far it runs fine though. Will invest some dough next month to check the car in a different garage.
Everything down to the cylinder pressure and such. I really don't want any surprises after the warranty expires.

Wheakau

Some pics:

2lc5q3l.jpg

30mn09v.jpg

t5i1ya.jpg