Front Parking Sensors and Optical Display

aggie

Apr 28, 2009
Hiya Tripod, My sentiment entirely. I gave them a good write up on Face Book. aggie

pburv

Jan 18, 2015
Front sensors and optical display

Hi all.A quick update..
As been stated in previous posts my missus car came from factory without front sensors or optical display..After a lot of haggling and then dealer trying to retro fit front sensors and optical both themselves and Seat Uk have given up and offered us a new build.It will be arriving sometime in October....All in all taking into account depreciation man hours and parts the total cost to Seat UK is in excess of £9000 pounds..The new car will have the optical front and rear sensors with camera all fitted for free..Plus goodwill gesture of a few hundred pounds...Also the car which we currently have that was ordered way back in January is our courtesy car until delivery of the new build in October.....!
Sorry I'm not on this forum often as the car really is for the missus and my car is your distant cousin an Audi...lol
Will pop in from time to time and see what replies I get..All the best Paul:)

@JamesSM

Jul 26, 2013
My current 36 mth PCP is coming to an end, so I went down to my local dealer to discuss a new car - I asked about the parking sensors as the brochure he handed me only mentioned the rear sensors.

He then showed me in a different section of the brochure that the FR comes with front & rear sensors, however when checking the latest version of the same brochure via the SEAT website (May 2016) it says that the front sensors only come with the Camera Pack option now.

I emailed the dealer back and then he confirmed this - lucky I double-checked today! He's not ordered the car in the system yet as it was only Friday late afternoon that I eventually agreed to a new deal and signed. Not really interested in the rear camera but I like having the front sensors (my MY13 SC FR had front & rear as standard).

pburv

Jan 18, 2015
My current 36 mth PCP is coming to an end, so I went down to my local dealer to discuss a new car - I asked about the parking sensors as the brochure he handed me only mentioned the rear sensors.

He then showed me in a different section of the brochure that the FR comes with front & rear sensors, however when checking the latest version of the same brochure via the SEAT website (May 2016) it says that the front sensors only come with the Camera Pack option now.

I emailed the dealer back and then he confirmed this - lucky I double-checked today! He's not ordered the car in the system yet as it was only Friday late afternoon that I eventually agreed to a new deal and signed. Not really interested in the rear camera but I like having the front sensors (my MY13 SC FR had front & rear as standard).
Hi James..
It seems that Seat still haven't got their facts right yet..It's not the dealers fault it's a lack of communication between Seat Spain and Seat UK.
Did you manage to get a deal on the camera package?
Any way congratulations on your new purchase and hope you don't have as long a wait as me....:(
Cheers Paul..

@JamesSM

Jul 26, 2013
Hi James..
It seems that Seat still haven't got their facts right yet..It's not the dealers fault it's a lack of communication between Seat Spain and Seat UK.
Did you manage to get a deal on the camera package?
Any way congratulations on your new purchase and hope you don't have as long a wait as me....:(
Cheers Paul..

Hi Paul,

No, I didn't get any reduction on the price of the Camera Pack - I had already got them down as much as they were prepared to go on the existing spec so didn't even bother trying with the Camera Pack. I had noticed the issue within 36hrs of ordering and they had not even got the order into the system yet - had it caused any kind of delay then I would have been looking for a goodwill gesture.

Not sure how much of the below was available to all SEAT dealers/customers but I got;

42mths 0% PCP with £500 Deposit Contribution (as it's 0% I only trumped up the minimum £200 deposit - rough calculations give me a saving of around £1700 in interest over 42mths versus the usual 4.9%)

£1000 existing customer "Loyalty Bonus"

£1500 saving off list price (£1085 of this is via free Tech Pack)

£200 further negotiated discount

I had compared what they were offering to those online broker sites and although their headline price was cheaper, the finance was usually around 7-9% so worked out either the same or more than the dealer's offer. I had approached the dealer in the final few days of the month (and Q2) but they wouldn't offer any more than the above - I actually ended up doing the deal on the 1st July so they weren't bothered that I signed before the end of the quarter. Maybe they had already hit their Q2 target lol.

Regards,

James

Last edited:

Chrismalkinuk

Nov 17, 2015
Stoke on Trent
To drag up an old post...

Hi Guys, sorry to drag up an old post but I just had a thought and decided to google it....

The story....in November 2015 I ordered a Leon FR 184. Got a discount of around £4000 but later found out it to be old MY15 stock. Not really an issue but had constant problems with the sat nav and paint problems...

Long story short, after long negotiations, SEAT are now putting men a brand new 66 (unregistered) car, based on my original spec. I get full link for free as a bonus however, I am not pretty sure I don't have front parking sensors, which I obviously had on my 65 plate.

I'll know more when I actually see the car, it's on it's way from Scotland to Crewe.

I have been messed about completely and I'm considering cancelling the order and finance.
Shame really because all I had to do was make the payments. The dealer bought my old car from the finance company and paid the outstanding, and paid the hefty deposit on my new car (I just had to pay my 48 payments which worked out cheaper than my old deal).

We will see what happens, I may get lucky and have them fitted.

Chris

@JamesSM

Jul 26, 2013
Hi Guys, sorry to drag up an old post but I just had a thought and decided to google it....

The story....in November 2015 I ordered a Leon FR 184. Got a discount of around £4000 but later found out it to be old MY15 stock. Not really an issue but had constant problems with the sat nav and paint problems...

Long story short, after long negotiations, SEAT are now putting men a brand new 66 (unregistered) car, based on my original spec. I get full link for free as a bonus however, I am not pretty sure I don't have front parking sensors, which I obviously had on my 65 plate.

I'll know more when I actually see the car, it's on it's way from Scotland to Crewe.

I have been messed about completely and I'm considering cancelling the order and finance.
Shame really because all I had to do was make the payments. The dealer bought my old car from the finance company and paid the outstanding, and paid the hefty deposit on my new car (I just had to pay my 48 payments which worked out cheaper than my old deal).

Chris

Hi Chris,

As I recently discovered, the front parking sensors were removed from the FR spec back in Q1 - you only get them now if you add the Camera Pack at £375. Since my previous post I have managed to get the Camera Pack free of charge due to having been incorrectly told that the FR came with front sensors as standard and also as a result of some other 'issues' with the dealer.

I pick up my car tomorrow - it's taken 3 months from ordering to delivery.

pburv

Jan 18, 2015

Chris

Hi Chris...
What a coincidence we have just last Thursday finally resolved this issue from way way back in January!!! Anyway we decided back in May to accept the car we ordered on the provision they retrofitted the front sensors....Well after three failed attempts by the dealer to fit the sensors(something to do with the car having dsg and the aftermarket sensors not working with the car ecu??) Seat Uk offered us a new build.Whilst we were waiting for the new build the car we had ordered back in January was now our courtesy car.All was well until it came to picking the car up September the 1st(66 plate)...The manager who was dealing with our car decided to quit and basically left us in the lurch...Seat Uk would not release the car until all the finance was settled with our car we had ordered in January and the price difference on our new 66 plate car.. We were told by the new salesman that we would not have to pay any extra for the new car even with the extras we spec'd which included the reverse camera pack. So after a few more weeks of toing and throwing between our dealer and Seat we finally picked up the car....Pheeew..lol
If I was you I would strongly reconsider you situation regarding the front sensors..The aftermarket ones are nowhere near as good as oem and from what Seat Uk say will not work with a dsg equipped car(is yours dsg??)Put it to them that you are willing to walk away from the deal unless they are willing to order a car with the camera pack?
I hope you get it sorted mate...;)
ps I am not on this forum much at all as the car is for the missus and I for my sins have an Audi so am very busy on Audi-Sport.net...lol...
The only reason I read your message was that it came through to my personal e mail...
Will still be interested how you get on....All the best Paul...[B)]

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.