FRONT RADAR ASSIST STOPPED WORKING HELP

Leonfrdiesel184

Apr 18, 2022
Hi everyone today the fault came up that the front radar assist was not available. I read the fault codes and it came up with the following. I have cleared the fault code and nothing changes
Screenshot_20230216-140631.jpg
. I have not had an accident and there is no damage to radar and there is no mud or crud on it at all. It happened whilst parked up today so wasn't even moving.

I did have new front discs and pads fitted yesterday if that means anything at all also,it has randomly come up with a radar alert sometimes when nothing is in front of the car.

I have also checked to see if the radar is lose and its on firm.

Many thanks for anyones help I appreciate it.

chroniclesofcf

Mar 3, 2022
Paisley, Renfrewshire.
As far as I know, the changing the front brakes could have triggered it. I've had a few garages tell me the radar is connected (indirectly) to the alignment of the car, and that an alignment would need the radar recalibrated too.

I did however find a garage that would do an alignment without the radar (£45 Vs up to £200 I was told) and after a few days of driving around with the new alignment, it auto-magically reset. The problem was also prompted when I disconnected my battery to do a water pump change. Again, problems disappeared after a few days of driving.

Hope it helps.

Leonfrdiesel184

Apr 18, 2022
As far as I know, the changing the front brakes could have triggered it. I've had a few garages tell me the radar is connected (indirectly) to the alignment of the car, and that an alignment would need the radar recalibrated too.

I did however find a garage that would do an alignment without the radar (£45 Vs up to £200 I was told) and after a few days of driving around with the new alignment, it auto-magically reset. The problem was also prompted when I disconnected my battery to do a water pump change. Again, problems disappeared after a few days of driving.

Hope it helps.
Hi mate thank you so very much for the reply I really appreciate it. You were absolutely spot on I was getting so worried about the costs involved in this but after a few days the system must have re calibrated itself and the warning light has gone off and all is well thank god. Thanks again mate its something I will be aware of now when certain work is carried out on the car.

Reactions: chroniclesofcf
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise