Front ventilated discs, rst abt,

Dec 1, 2022
Hi all, I’m facing a pair of new brake discs for my fronts, at the moment standard brembo drilled, dreading the price, be great if anyone has any pointers as to best place to buy them or alternatives? Thanks everyone.

TheSwede

Oct 20, 2018
Sweden
Read this tread:

Reactions: Damo H

TÜRKEL

Apr 11, 2021
Kent
Read this tread:
Hi,
I replaced my Brembo 370 drilled & the 310 rear with Tarox, pads EBT blue stuff.
I know not cheap but you can't beat good quality when your life is depending on brakes. I also found the Brembo's holes kept blocking up from the brake dust = not doing what they were designed for. If you go down this road you will see a vast improvement in braking, you'll definitely change the pressure applied to the brake wet or dry 10 x better than Brembo & they look mean as well
Good luck

Slickric21

Feb 23, 2019
Norfolk
The stock discs on these cars are not Brembo.
The only thing Brembo about them is the Caliper.

The OEM front disc is made by SHW.
The rear is just the standard disc on all MQB cars like these.

Reactions: TheSwede

Slickric21

Feb 23, 2019
Norfolk
Hi,
I replaced my Brembo 370 drilled & the 310 rear with Tarox, pads EBT blue stuff.
I know not cheap but you can't beat good quality when your life is depending on brakes. I also found the Brembo's holes kept blocking up from the brake dust = not doing what they were designed for. If you go down this road you will see a vast improvement in braking, you'll definitely change the pressure applied to the brake wet or dry 10 x better than Brembo & they look mean as well
Good luck
The dust has nothing to do with the holes on the OEM disc (SHW not Brembo)
It’s because of the OEM pad compound is very dust heavy, it would clog up any disc and are generally not very good.

I went EBC Red, much better in respect of dust, no more clogged holes and much better braking.

TÜRKEL

Apr 11, 2021
Kent
Hi,
Good luck.

The dust has nothing to do with the holes on the OEM disc (SHW not Brembo)
It’s because of the OEM pad compound is very dust heavy, it would clog up any disc and are generally not very good.

I went EBC Red, much better in respect of dust, no more clogged holes and much better braking.
Educational advice 👍

pauly1299

Oct 3, 2022
Hi all, I’m facing a pair of new brake discs for my fronts, at the moment standard brembo drilled, dreading the price, be great if anyone has any pointers as to best place to buy them or alternatives? Thanks everyone.
Depending on how much meat is left on the discs, you may be able to have them skimmed on the car. I don't think the discs or the pads last very long though.

Jan 4, 2023
Hey guys,

I am new owner of Seat Leon FR (5f, 2017, 184hp) and need to change timing belt set (hope google translate is good), water pump and all taht goes whit it and front discs and pads. So I would like to get advice from you, first which discs and pads would be best buy for mostly city but from time to time open rode mostly sport mode on :D and second is there any other good/or must have modification.

Thank you for help in advance! :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.