Front windscreen wiper issue on ibiza 2012/13

Feb 24, 2022
Hello, wondering if someone could help with this fault.... front windscreen wipers have failed while being used they stopped in the home position... have tried replacing the motor and it isnt that, checked all fuses and there ok... the stalk seems to be working as other things work of it... IS there a relay anywhere or relay diagram to look into others things? any help would be great... thanks Wayne

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Unfortunately, it will be the BCM that controls the wiper action as far as switching the power to the motor.

Stalk "seems to work" - hummmm, I'd only come to that conclusion if I had checked what was happening using VCDS or similar, these stalk assemblies are well known for failing in Polo/Ibiza/Fabia and maybe A1 from this period in time.

Reactions: wayne1986
Feb 24, 2022
thanks for the info, how much does a bcm cost roughly? will this have to go back to a seat garage to be done?

Feb 24, 2022
the fault code are
03583 - control circuit for windshield wiper motor (1/2 speed) shorth with ground
00077 - windshield wiper stop switch (f229) no signal/ no communication

Ive tried changing the motor, can anyone help with these codes please? any other help would be great.

Thanks
Wayne

Feb 24, 2022
Unfortunately, it will be the BCM that controls the wiper action as far as switching the power to the motor.

Stalk "seems to work" - hummmm, I'd only come to that conclusion if I had checked what was happening using VCDS or similar, these stalk assemblies are well known for failing in Polo/Ibiza/Fabia and maybe A1 from this period in time.
the fault code are
03583 - control circuit for windshield wiper motor (1/2 speed) shorth with ground
00077 - windshield wiper stop switch (f229) no signal/ no communication

Ive tried changing the motor, can anyone help with these codes please? any other help would be great.

Thanks
Wayne

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Does look a bit like it being the switch assembly, and when historically there have been many failures of that assembly for this version of VW Group car, then unless you get better replies, I'd be considering replacing that switch assembly for a new one, as buying used might confirm where your problem is, but only provide a few weeks/months of working wipers.

Feb 24, 2022
Does look a bit like it being the switch assembly, and when historically there have been many failures of that assembly for this version of VW Group car, then unless you get better replies, I'd be considering replacing that switch assembly for a new one, as buying used might confirm where your problem is, but only provide a few weeks/months of working wipers.
So your thinking the wiper stalk switch ??
thanks

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members