Frozen Screen

peterlcarter

May 22, 2013
Hi guys
Here's s new one.
Frozen / locked screen (not the first time) with no function at all, no functions through the steering wheel controls either.
Usually on a frozen / locked screen you switch off, leave it for 30 seconds and then OK there after but not this time.
Switch the ignition off, screen shuts down and the radio is still playing.
Open the door and leave the vehicle - radio is still playing.
Lock the car - radio is still playing, 5 minutes later when I go back to the car - radio is still on and playing (car is locked).
10 minutes later go back to the car thinking I might have to start removing fuses to find that radio has stopped, turn on the ignition and everything is then fine.
In total from starting the car (frozen screen starts) to when I am back up and running was around 60 minutes in total
Running the latest version software although waiting like all of us for the latest update which was originally advised would be late December 2021 but still no news and the car was brought new in September 2021.. Still waiting for a fix due to a fog light warning light coming on - dealer advises no hardware issues with bulbs, wiring etc so must be a 'software issue' and been waiting since early December. Another discussion with Cupra customer services, however this time in light of the above frozen screen I have requested confirmation that all the other systems, brake assist, lane assist, traction control, air bags, stability program etc are still all working, I have asked Cupra to confirm that when this happens to confirm that the vehicle is safe to drive and is safe for other road users.
Let's all hope that the new software update cures all the issues
Thanks Peter

TheUkWizard

Jun 3, 2021
West midlands
Not sure if you know, but holding the infotainment power button for a while will make it reboot. Had to do it at least four times so far. So might be a temp fix for the persistent radio issue.

But I agree with BigJase88, put it all down in writing and see if you can reject the car if you wish.

Mine has random bugs, last one was my reversing camera stopped working. Leaving the car for 30 mins seems to resolve all bugs as it powers down completely then

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
You need to give chance to dealer to fix the issue, before rejecting the car. So first, visit the dealer and if unresolved, send rejection request.

Reactions: 300bhpdaily

Baldiesimo

Mar 16, 2021
Hi guys
Here's s new one.
Frozen / locked screen (not the first time) with no function at all, no functions through the steering wheel controls either.
Usually on a frozen / locked screen you switch off, leave it for 30 seconds and then OK there after but not this time.
Switch the ignition off, screen shuts down and the radio is still playing.
Open the door and leave the vehicle - radio is still playing.
Lock the car - radio is still playing, 5 minutes later when I go back to the car - radio is still on and playing (car is locked).
10 minutes later go back to the car thinking I might have to start removing fuses to find that radio has stopped, turn on the ignition and everything is then fine.
In total from starting the car (frozen screen starts) to when I am back up and running was around 60 minutes in total
Running the latest version software although waiting like all of us for the latest update which was originally advised would be late December 2021 but still no news and the car was brought new in September 2021.. Still waiting for a fix due to a fog light warning light coming on - dealer advises no hardware issues with bulbs, wiring etc so must be a 'software issue' and been waiting since early December. Another discussion with Cupra customer services, however this time in light of the above frozen screen I have requested confirmation that all the other systems, brake assist, lane assist, traction control, air bags, stability program etc are still all working, I have asked Cupra to confirm that when this happens to confirm that the vehicle is safe to drive and is safe for other road users.
Let's all hope that the new software update cures all the issues
Thanks Peter
Have you had a software update? Is it the original software you had when you purchased in September. My update sorted the problems. Its not the long awaited mega update but still fixed many problems

Reactions: 300bhpdaily
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.